Map share corrections dropped by a few thousands??

I had to delete the mapshare cashe to get my NA update to start working.

C:\Documents and Settings\??????\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\agpviwkq.default\MapShareDownloadCache

not the folder just the .bin files

Doing this will FORCE home to " download " new files not reuse the cashed files.

I don't have that "profiles" folder. Anything else I could try?

As always backup your files just incase something goes wrong !

PSJ aka Marc

This could be a hidden path....so you may need to set up your PC options to show hidden files and folders.

If that doesn't work....try searching your PC for the folder

MapShareDownloadCache

PSJ aka Marc

This could be a hidden path....so you may need to set up your PC options to show hidden files and folders.

If that doesn't work....try searching your PC for the folder

MapShareDownloadCache

PSJ aka Marc

Found it! It was for whatever reason in a different folder under "roaming"

Either way, I deleted the bin file, it asked to download new mapshare updates, and now instead of 13,133 updates now I have 14,821 :)

Thanks!

Found it! It was for whatever reason in a different folder under "roaming"

Either way, I deleted the bin file, it asked to download new mapshare updates, and now instead of 13,133 updates now I have 14,821 :)

Thanks!

You're welcome.

Happy I could help.

PSJ aka Marc

I tried your suggestion. There were 2 .bin files in that folder. I removed them and when I initially plugged-in, it stated no updates available. I then went to my MapShare pref's and it again showed no countries available.

I clicked on "update my rider" again, and now it showed 4.8mg updates available. After loading them, I rechecked the countries in the pref's and now it was ok.

The number of mapshares in use ended up being exactally the same as prior to deleting the .bin files. So I guess everything was good prior to deletion.

Since getting MapShare back, I initially recieved 30577 corrections. There seems to be no more available since that point.

Cheers,

So I guess everything was good prior to deletion.

Since getting MapShare back, I initially recieved 30577 corrections. There seems to be no more available since that point.

Cheers,

I read on the forums....that mapshare may be a once a week +/- or so release.

PSJ aka Marc

I read on the forums....that mapshare may be a once a week +/- or so release.

PSJ aka Marc

Yea I also read that they changed it to weekly now, which really sucks. We should ALL complain to TomTom about it :)

Everyone here asks the same question "Why doesn't TomTom upgrade their mapshare servers?" and their solution to this was NOT to upgrade the servers, but to instead cut updates to once a week. This sucks.

Ask a Question