Map Share map corrections are temporarily not available

TomTom Model(s)
One (30 Series)/125/130 (512 MB) and XXL Classic - 2GB TTS
I have started getting this message for my One (30 Series) when I connect to Home

"Your map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks. Unfortunately Map Share map corrections are temporarily not available."

It was updated about 3 weeks ago and I have just downloaded a new paid for map UK and Ireland map yesterday (I purchased a years updates) so I am not sure if the server is down or something has gone wrong with the TT though it appears to be working OK I did a windows backup a couple of weeks ago when everything was working all right.

I have just today updated my xxl Classic though at the moment under the 30 day rule I am still only being offered the 880.3862 map which I have not downloaded yet. I have till the 24th Feb to download the free map update so I am hoping it will change to offering the 885 map before time runs out Joe

Yes, the 885 map should be offered if the unit is less than 30 days old. BUT, that model is old o I don't know why you expect the LMG to still work with it.

The 20 week old maps is a bogus message that always appears when a new map is available.

@dhn
My old GO 720 has a 715 W.E. map on it that still gets regular MapShare info. The total count is well into 5 digits now! So I don't know if TomTom really ever does stop sending the stuff, regardless of age.

Not the mapshares, I thought the OP was referring to the 885 MAP itself under the 30 day LMG.

I agree that the mapshares on older units/maps still come .........

Read LMG, saw "MapShare". Nuts.

I'm not sure what an XXL Classic is. I have it in my 'special table', but it's not in our regular mvl-generated chart, so I don't know how old it is. The rest of the XXL range was being produced in 2009-2010, so like you, can't sort out how the LMG applies unless he found one out on the open market somewhere, or a refurb?

If I were being offered 880 on LMG today, I'd try again, and if 885 did not appear and I was still within the 30 day window of use of the device, would give Tech Support a ring and try to get them to update the offering. I'm assuming that the OP didn't already download 880.

The newest TT I have is the xxl Classic-2GB TTS (Ser No starts GQ) and my 30 day map update runs out on 24th Feb When I first got the unit I read on this site that an 885 map was due out in Feb at the moment I have an offer of upgrading to the 880 map and I was rather hoping it might offer me the 885 map before time runs out.

It is my One (series 30)/125/130 (512mb) which has suddenly got the "Your map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks. Unfortunately Map Share map corrections are temporarily not available." I presume this means the small file updates and not the complete UK Ireland map. Maybe I have misunderstood the message Joe App 8.083 Map v885.4058 sorry I don't know the map version was before I did the update. My last windows copy was 24/1/12 but I don't know which file has the old map version

Last edited:
Like dhn says, you get the bogus "Your map has not been..." message immediately after a fresh map update and until the first batch of MapShare data comes across. Home has been doing that for as long as I can remember. Once there's some new MapShare info against the new map, that message goes away.

As I noted, see if 885 appears yet, don't download 880, and if you're still looking at an 880 download on Monday, call tech support and ask them why and see if they can sort that for you.

When DID you get that XXL Classic? As noted earlier, it hasn't been produced in a couple of years as far as I can tell.

Hi canderson I got the xxl Classic from Amazon UK (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005M2AIY4/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details ) on about 29/30 Jan this year. I know its an older model but it has a bigger screen than the One and it has all the functionality I want and more, some of which appear to be missing on some of the newer models. I find the Lat Long function very helpful especially in conjunction with Google Earth when I need to find the start of a walk in the countryside. I can tie it in with my UK computer mapping system and my Garmin GPS60 . I am going on holiday to Lanzarote in a couple of months time so I have been practicing entering Spanish addresses for using it in our hire car. Thanks for the info about the updates

Holiday to Lanzarote? For what, a camel ride? :eek: What a strange place that is - unique in all the world as far as I know. Looks like the surface of some dead planet somewhere! I think I'd opt for Tenerife!

Does the TomTom map for the area show all of the roads that the geologists and vulcanologists cut up into the area back when?

Holiday to Lanzarote? For what, a camel ride? :eek: What a strange place that is - unique in all the world as far as I know. Looks like the surface of some dead planet somewhere! I think I'd opt for Tenerife!

Does the TomTom map for the area show all of the roads that the geologists and vulcanologists cut up into the area back when?

Hi canderson I think we will just have to have a difference of opinion about Lanzarote :) I know from a previous post to me it was not your cup of tea but we like it. When you were their were you on a short cruise visit or did you stay on the island. The road system is pretty good its just they give you very little warning when you need to turn off the main roads which is why I want to take the TT and get it to keep reminding me to drive on the wrong side of the road :lol:. Joe

Yeah, OK. Now I remember you, Joe. Only spent a day there. As far as I could tell, the entire island was covered end to end with volcanic 'stuff'. Anything that was green had been 'fairly' recently planted and had to be watered to survive. They were even trying to grow wine grapes there in these strange little semicircles of piled up volcanic rock. Wine wasn't much good, but I give them extra points for trying.

Cool that they have those roads mapped out in the sticks. Seems like a great deal of the 'road system' created by the scientists early on still isn't paved, and those seem to cover half of the interesting places a person would want to go.

Here's one of my pics that reminds me of what MOST (not all) of the island looked like:

Attachments

• Lanzarote.jpg
    Lanzarote.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 532
I reckon they know the best form of transport for that....

Attachments

• Lanzarote.jpg
    Lanzarote.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 426
Very nice job, Andy. While we were there, we were advised that The Martian Chronicles TV series was shot here. Did look like Mars, just not quite so red.

And don't forget 1,000,000 Years BC (gotta love those old Raquel Welch movies).

Last edited:
Very nice job, Andy. While we were there, we were advised that The Martial Chronicles TV series was shot here. Did look like Mars, just not quite so red.

And don't forget 1,000,000 Years BC (gotta love those old Raquel Welch movies).

Hi Andy_P and canderson I give in, at 2 to 1 I don't stand a chance :) Joe PS I have hired, I think, a car. After seeing the pic, it may be a moon buggy, I will let you know.

Glad you can take a joke Joe.:)
Have a great holiday!

Ask a Question