Map share corrections dropped by a few thousands??

we should really clear up this map share updates.

the amount of updates is going to be determined by the setting you have selected for map share.

as for myself....I have it set at " strict "....only corrections verifed by TomTom and corrections made by myself.

as of this posting I have 7910 corrections on the NA 8.10 map

PSJ aka Marc

we should really clear up this map share updates.

the amount of updates is going to be determined by the setting you have selected for map share.

as for myself....I have it set at " strict "....only corrections verifed by TomTom and corrections made by myself.

as of this posting I have 7910 corrections on the NA 8.10 map

PSJ aka Marc

Thanks Marc I just corrected my last post , I have settings set for " High " ( only corrections verifed by TomTom and corrections made by trusted sources) for N/A I have 8319 corrections.
& for C/W Europe I have 73910 corrections...... C/W Europe I have 8319

In both cases I am using map V-8.10

Last edited:
Ok I see what happened, it's that slider that changed things. I saw a post somewhere else which relates to me 100%!!!! I too did not know my previous settings were set to "low" even though I had unchecked "reported by some"
If I move the slider back to low, my 13,113 corrections are back. So this whole time since I've owned this device (16 days hehe) my official setting was "low?" Ohh and I just downloaded version .104 just now since it asked me.

Hrmm...

Playing around with the new Trust Slider & viewing the resulting After Updates size, has shown me that my previous Home2.3 Trust Level apparently was "Low."

I thought I'd had that 'Reported by Some' -box unchecked.

R?

MapShare suspended until 2008-OCT-06

TomTom announced MapShare suspended until 6 October 2008, cites server overload due to release of HOME 2.4

Well, I havent used my tom tom in months. I first noticed I wasnt receiving the quickgps fixes. That didn't alarm me becuase at the time I was updating my tomtom once a week. Then I took a Trip to Florida (from Texas) in August and when I got back I never took the TomTom out of my truck. Until today. So I hooked it up and started TomTom Home and it said my devices was up todate. I was like What? So I tried several times and it said the same thing. So I thought this cant be right. So I went to this forum and LOW and BEHOLD I see this post. As I started reading I noticed you all were refering to a newer version of HOME so I thought well maybe I need to update so I went into HOME and cliced on the update link and it said there were no new updates! Again I was like uh What? So I uninstalled went to TOMTOM website and down loaded what I thought was the latest version and to my suprise it was the same version I just uninstalled and It does the same thing. NO updates NO mapshare updates NO Gps quickfixes. What the !*@&# is wrong?

Well, I havent used my tom tom in months. I first noticed I wasnt receiving the quickgps fixes. That didn't alarm me becuase at the time I was updating my tomtom once a week. Then I took a Trip to Florida (from Texas) in August and when I got back I never took the TomTom out of my truck. Until today. So I hooked it up and started TomTom Home and it said my devices was up todate. I was like What? So I tried several times and it said the same thing. So I thought this cant be right. So I went to this forum and LOW and BEHOLD I see this post. As I started reading I noticed you all were refering to a newer version of HOME so I thought well maybe I need to update so I went into HOME and cliced on the update link and it said there were no new updates! Again I was like uh What? So I uninstalled went to TOMTOM website and down loaded what I thought was the latest version and to my suprise it was the same version I just uninstalled and It does the same thing. NO updates NO mapshare updates NO Gps quickfixes. What the !*@&# is wrong?

Im new to this and im also trying to get all these updates tru the HOME software but i never seem to get any map share updates for some reason. Not for Canada /US or for Europe

The mapshare servers have been down for a week and will be down for another week. Crappy equipment.

Same problem here. New TomTom XL-S and it says "0 mapshare updates available" in the upper right corner of Home.

Did you receive that info from TT?

My issue is still on "research"

No Mapshare and no items listed under countries.

Cheers

No. From a British TomTom forum where a poster got that information in an email from TomTom Support.

In fact, a later poster was informed the date for the mapshares to start up again is October 10th.

Apparently, second level support wasn't too diligent in letting their level one support people know the servers were even down! :( :rolleyes:

Mapshare updates started working today for my WC Europe map 810.1907.

I expect that NA mapshare will be up soon.

PSJ aka Marc

So now mapshare updates will only be weekly instead of daily? Talk about cutting corners. It seems that their "poor" overstressed mapshare servers are running Pentium II, 32MB RAM, 128Kbps ISDN running windows 98 which can't handle "daily updates" They must now cut it to weekly updates. I'm waiting for month updates now :)

As a Canadian TT 730 owner tonight (Oct 10) is the first time in over a week that I got Map Share updates. I went from 0 to 9735. Looks like it is back on track.

Well WTF, plugged in, no update. Checked preferences, was able to chose a country, set the slide to low, checked off what I wanted in the POI section and I get nuthin, zip, nada.

I have a 715 map, would that make a diff?

Cheers

I had to delete the mapshare cashe to get my NA update to start working.

C:\Documents and Settings\??????\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\agpviwkq.default\MapShareDownloadCache

not the folder just the .bin files

Doing this will FORCE home to " download " new files not reuse the cashed files.

As always backup your files just incase something goes wrong !

PSJ aka Marc

Last edited:
Just tried getting mapshares with my 675 map, seemed to dowload piles of updates (took about 5 minutes)with the slider set on LOW and yet the total shown remains the same......

I then re-tried it with my 715 map and it wouldnt show any countries, although the first time (previous post) it did.

I just kept going between trying to set countries, and updating, and all of a sudden it started working. Now shows 30,577 updates in use.

Odd eh?

At any rate, dont forget to do a back-up now that the updates are working..... The world is a good place to be again ;)

Cheers

Last edited:

Ask a Question