Map Share map corrections not working?

I'm getting a message on my TomTom Home (ver 2.7.6.2056) that says my map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks and that Map Share map corrections are temporarily not available. I don't see any other postings (here or on TomTom's support site) showing any issues.

Any suggestions or do I just wait?

Happens to everyone after every map update, thanks to a quirk in the Home application code. Just ignore it.

I have been recieving mapshare updates pretty much everyday, along with several quickfix updates.

Check your MapShare preferences, for some reason, sometimes the country you have selected is "deselected" and the user is unable to select a country. Not sure why that happens, and not sure what you do about it. It did happen to me a year or so ago, but I can't recall the fix.

You could try a complete removal of HOME from your puter and then reload, it only takes 5 minutes. Make sure you do a complete removal of the data stored by HOME as well, as described:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7448/kw/home

perhaps using the clear flash tool would be helpful as well:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6178/kw/home/related/1

As always, ensure you have a complete Explorer back up of your unit, not a HOME backup.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for this, I had a look at the mapshare preferences and there are no countries listed !!

All was working fin until I installed the latest maps :mad:

I am having the same issue of it saving Mapshare unavailable. I have the TomTom XXL 540TM. Bought it on Saturday did the system update for the newest map versions and then turned on mapshare. Tried to uninstall home and do a reinstall same error. It does have the US as my country so that is not an issue.

Mapshare is the main reason I left Garmin for TomTom :(

Home Version 2.7.6.2056
App 9.053.520930.2
Map USA_Canada_and_Mexico_PuertoRico v860.3121

Last edited:
Give it a couple of days. Mapshare functionality tends to lag a week or so after a new map is distributed.

Give it a couple of days. Mapshare functionality tends to lag a week or so after a new map is distributed.

Yeah I guess I will keep trying everyday. It's been a full week now. Thanks for the advice

I just now updated my 540 WTE and got some mapshares.

Just a thought...what setting do have for accepting mapshare changes? If the most restrictive (verified by TT), you may not get any as there probably hasn't been time for TT to verify stuff on the 860 map.

See what happens if you loosen up the restriction somewhat.

I just now updated my 540 WTE and got some mapshares.

Just a thought...what setting do have for accepting mapshare changes? If the most restrictive (verified by TT), you may not get any as there probably hasn't been time for TT to verify stuff on the 860 map.

See what happens if you loosen up the restriction somewhat.

I have it on medium setting. Ok I think I see the issue, under the select country tab of the map share preferences it does not let me pick any countries. All it says is "No Items Available". Not sure how to fix it though. Tried to uninstall home and reinstall no difference.

I did try the tricks others have talked about in other Forums, removing the TomTom files from the computer including the hidden ones.

Last edited:
Be careful what you delete. It may pertain to something different. It simmply may be that no shares are available yet for your model map.

Is your unit connected to Home and are you logged in?

Yep, all connected logged in and working fine, I am getting the GPS fix updates but not mapshare.

I have tried setting the restrictions to all the different levels and nothing changes

Same thing happening to me! Map Share Not Working now ive updated.

Hey guys, just to let you know that I live in the UK and have just updated to the latest map on TomTom Home and now my MapShare thingy is saying I haven't updated my map for 20 weeks!! Its driving me mad any ideas on a solution?

I updated my map over a week ago and still no Mapshare updates. Is this still considered "normal"? In looking at the Mapshare settings I noticed that I have no countries available to select. Is this "normal" as well?

Ask a Question