Map Share map corrections out of service?

Hi, I had purchased the TomTom XXL 55oTM in November, 2010.

However, I got the following message after connecting to Tomtom site thru TomTom Home:

"Your map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks. |Unfortunately Map Share map corrections are temporary not available"

Any idea what is that?

That would mean that your map that the tomtom uses for navigation is over 20 weeks old and that there is a newer map available for download, Tomtom updates the mqps quarterly.

The mapshare icorrections are just corrections tomtom users make to their maps and make available through the tomtom website. They are seperate downloads.

If you decide to update the map it is a 2 gigabyte download and will take a couple hours depending on your internet speed. Took me almost 4 hours for my XXL550.

The mapshare corrections are a tiny download but do not turn your map into the newer version.

The website gave you that message because the mapshare corrections were not available when you were connected due to something tomtom was doing on the website at the time. Check back again and they should be available.

I

Last edited:
I got the same error message right after I updated the map from v845 to v860 today (just got the XL 340LMT yesterday). I don't think this error message is related to an outdated map.

As has been noted in any number of threads around here since 855 came out, the "20 week" problem is a goof in Home that is always reported now whenever a new map arrives and before any MapShare content becomes available for it.

For the US/Can/Mexico 860 map, no MapShare updates have come out. No idea why. The NorthAmerica_2GB 860 map already has a ton available. With the trust level set to "Medium", I already have 1956 changes showing.

{snip}
For the US/Can/Mexico 860 map, no MapShare updates have come out. No idea why. The NorthAmerica_2GB 860 map already has a ton available. With the trust level set to "Medium", I already have 1956 changes showing.

But to be clear though, those of us who have the v860.3121 map have not recv'd any mapshare as yet right? I think the G0-740 uses a different map.

But to be clear though, those of us who have the v860.3121 map have not recv'd any mapshare as yet right? I think the G0-740 uses a different map.
Yes. My 720 and 740 both run the North_America_2GB map, and yours runs the other.

That would mean that your map that the tomtom uses for navigation is over 20 weeks old and that there is a newer map available for download, Tomtom updates the mqps quarterly.

I

Something doesn't make sense. I am one of those who had tons of problems with my brand new 540TM and ended up downloading the entire .cab file and reinstalling as posted elsewhere in the forum. I see the same message about 20 weeks old maps - but, I don't see anywhere offered an updated, newer, version of my USA/Canada/Mexico map, certainly not a free one which I'm supposed to have available as part of my free lifetime map updates. If there is a newer map available, how do I find/get it?

Another disconcerting thing is that my device is reporting itself as a 540S World Edition in the system information window, NOT a 540TM World Edition - is that normal?

Something doesn't make sense. I am one of those who had tons of problems with my brand new 540TM and ended up downloading the entire .cab file and reinstalling as posted elsewhere in the forum. I see the same message about 20 weeks old maps - but, I don't see anywhere offered an updated, newer, version of my USA/Canada/Mexico map, certainly not a free one which I'm supposed to have available as part of my free lifetime map updates. If there is a newer map available, how do I find/get it?

Another disconcerting thing is that my device is reporting itself as a 540S World Edition in the system information window, NOT a 540TM World Edition - is that normal?

Update: I just got off the phone with TomTom tech support. They were very nice, and I got through quickly (right after Christmas, they must have had their lines flooded because I couldn't even get an answer to the number.) It turns out that I have the correct version of the software, that the 540S World Edition is the same as the 540TM World Edition for the purposes of the "Home" application; also, that I have the latest version of the map, and, that once every four months I'll get an email announcing a free downloadable map update as those are released. So, that 20 weeks old maps message does NOT mean a newer map is available now, it just means what it says, that my maps are 20 weeks old or more. Presumably, they will be shortly releasing a new map.

Actually that "20 week old" message just means you haven't recv'd any 'map-share' updates. Everyone is seeing that message that has updated to the v860.3121 map (for 2 gig devices). For some reason TomTom hasn't released any mapshares for this version as yet.

Just ignore that message. One of these days we'll starting getting mapshares. It's not a big deal.

Map Share updates communications

Tomtom has done some very cool things to encourage users to participate in map updates but they fall short in sharing information with those people who are participating in the map share feature. There should be a message on the map share update on the "home" tool stating when map share updates will be available.

It seams to me they are so close to having the perfect GPS, if they would just finish the race they will quickly take sales away from Garmin.

Bret C

Actually that "20 week old" message just means you haven't recv'd any 'map-share' updates. Everyone is seeing that message that has updated to the v860.3121 map (for 2 gig devices). For some reason TomTom hasn't released any mapshares for this version as yet.

Just ignore that message. One of these days we'll starting getting mapshares. It's not a big deal.

Ask a Question