Map share corrections dropped by a few thousands??

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
On monday, I downloaded about 9 new mapshare updates. Every 30 min to ever hour a new update was available, adding about 50-150 corrections in each update. My number number of corrections in the end were at around 12,947.

I didn't update at all yesterday since I did not plug in the device. Today, I decided to hook it up, and it had a quickgpsfix thing update as usual and that's it. After that update installed, I hit "update my One XL" again and this time mapshare updates came through. They installed just fine. Now my new Mapshare corrections number is at 8543.

How did I lose so many? I understand that number will go down when you get a new map but I haven't updated any maps. Is something wrong here?

I just removed the SD card from my ONE XL so I can update the internal memory as well, and the exact same thing happened. I'm wondering what TomTom is planning to do...

Is everyone getting GPS quick fixes?
I stopped getting them on my One LE and really never got them on my Rider2. I read a post a few months ago about deleting a file and letting Home create it again, but that didn't work. Most every time I sync up to the computer, I do get a map share, but I don't keep track of the counts.

So has anyone else notice this happen on their unit as well? Also, I haven't gotten a single mapshare update today after constantly checking. I think the same happened last week, but when monday came around, there was a new mapshare update every 30 minutes.

I'm still freaked out as to why my map corrections have dropped by SO many.

There may be a patch for Home 2.4 that supposedly fixes the faulty mapshare function next week.

There may be a patch for Home 2.4 that supposedly fixes the faulty mapshare function next week.

Yay I was waiting for you dhn to respond hehe. I submitted a question to TomTom before you responded. I didn't actually pay attention if this was AFTER update 2.4 of the home software. I did realize though that while installing Home 2.4, the "next" and "back" buttons weren't invisible like it was with 2.3. I had to guess where the buttons were. I don't know if this is a previous Home issue or an OS+Home issue. It seems to be fixed now.

What is different about Home 2.3 and 2.4 anyways?

2.4 allows for subscription buying of maps in Europe (for now) and supposedly a more efficient mapshare feature but it seems screwed up for now.

Oh no ......... a feature, Gilbert! Not a bug.

I figure that Customer Support people at TT are lonely people and 2.4 ensures that they'll gets lots of phone calls!!! :D

I upgraded to Home 2.4.0.94 today. So far no problems. MapShare corrections stood at 33053 before and after the upgrade.

New feature in Home that I noticed. Previously, if I made MapShare updates through the Home interface and then selected Home's Update function it would not recognize / upload my newly created MapShare updates until after I disconnected and reconnected to Home.....It recognized and uploaded my newly created MapShare updates (via the Home interface) without the need to disconnect / reconnect.

I upgraded to Home 2.4.0.94 today. So far no problems. MapShare corrections stood at 33053 before and after the upgrade.

New feature in Home that I noticed. Previously, if I made MapShare updates through the Home interface and then selected Home's Update function it would not recognize / upload my newly created MapShare updates until after I disconnected and reconnected to Home.....It recognized and uploaded my newly created MapShare updates (via the Home interface) without the need to disconnect / reconnect.

33053 corrections, that must mean you are using map 710. I remember when I got the device 3 weeks ago it still had 710 with that many corrections, but once I got the latest map with latest map guarantee, that number dropped to about 10,000 which is normal, since the corrections are built into the new maps. Over a period of 2 weeks the number grew to almost 13,000, then on wed, it dropped to under 8,543!!! Not only that, I haven't gotten a single mapshare update yet since my map dropped to 8,543.

Maybe map 725 might be having the issue with some people I think, but here's customer service's response to my question

Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Customer Support regarding map share corrections. My name is Natasha. We are always happy to help. We understand the frustration such an issue might cause.

The mapshare program still has a few quirks that need to be worked out. We have noticed that in some cases the updates go through automatically. When this happens the number of corrections adjusts and you don't see the updates going onto the unit. I ensure you that you are receiving you corrections. This is why it is important to safely disconnect from the computer. The computer could be transferring the corrections without you knowing. By safely disconnecting it will prevent getting partial information onto the unit.

Umm.... What?

I am having the same issues with my GO 720 after downloading Home 2.4. I had 20000+ updates for map 720.1803, and now it shows that I have "0", and that I am 20-some weeks behind...even when I turn my 720 on in the car, I get a message on-screen "to think about downloading Home and using mapshare to update"....yes, there must be something not quite right with 2.4.

I haven't gotten a single mapshare update since wednesday when this all happened (downloading 2.4).

More people should mention this to tech support because they "assure" me I'm getting them. The ONLY thing I've gotten was quickgpsfix.

I've had a trouble ticket with Support since last Monday. The status remains at 'research' :mad:

Arrgh! I thought I was immune to this one, as my updated work machine still maintained all 23000+ shares.

However, when I plugged in at home over the weekend, my corrections dropped to zero.

Follow-up:
Re-docking at work has restored all 23937 Corrections. This machine has Home 2.4.0.94.
It appears that version isn't broken, but later updates, such as 2.4.0.107, may be.

Last edited:
Arrgh! I thought I was immune to this one, as my updated work machine still maintained all 23000+ shares.

However, when I plugged in at home over the weekend, my corrections dropped to zero.

Follow-up:
Re-docking at work has restored all 23937 Corrections. This machine has Home 2.4.0.94.
It appears that version isn't broken, but later updates, such as 2.4.0.107, may be.

No, the .94 version is on my machine and shows the 0 corrections and no downloads.

after updating to the 2.4.0.94 my NA 8.10 map dropped from around 11700 updates to 7910.

I just updated to 2.4.0.104 but " no change " in the map share updates....still at 7910.

I can report....that HOME now runs with errors....I was getting two errors with 2.4.0.94....one about " fuel " and one about " chrome " something or other.

No newer update is offered.

PSJ aka Marc

No, the .94 version is on my machine and shows the 0 corrections and no downloads.

When I logged on to home this am there showed no mapshare updates but then I noticed something downloading in the bottom R/H corner of my screen and when it finished I was asked if I wanted to up date home 2.4 xxx . to 2.4.0.104

I installed it and now I am getting mapshare updates for both Europe & N.A.
My MapShare settings is set at:
" High " only corrections verifed by TomTom and corrections made by trusted sources

It now show’s 8319 corrections in use for N/A & 73910 for C/W Europe

Last edited:

Ask a Question