Map Corrections are temporarily not available

My ONE XL 340S with new map USA, Canada and Mexico P v860.3121 get Safety Camera - USA, CAN - Free of Chage and QuickGPSfix every time I plug in TomTom HOME

And other 340TM get none but both are still get "Your map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks
Unfortunately Map Share map corrections are temporarilty
not available.
"

Last edited:
What is the restrictive level for mapshares on the 340? Try changing to accept by all and see what happens.

i don't think the mapshare makes sense any more with the life map update, with each new map upgrade every 3 months, the stored mapshare updates would be wiped clean. every thing would start over again. i think tomtom must find a way to reserve the mapshare updates which are not upgraded in the new map.

I can not believe I am still getting the 20 week message on my XXL 540. Hard to believe it's been 2 1/2 months and same issue.

I agree. It seems they haven't got the map, and/or app, bootloader & Home to communicate properly. TomTom sure did spend a lot of money on their repeated commercials in November and December, though. Sure wish they had spent some of that money in the tech department to fix this. It will be fun to see how the new map due in a few weeks work with the XXL 540s.

Oliver

Oh ya...driving me nuts...no mapshare updates (I have XXL540TM v8.60) and the safety cameras "free of charge" continually errors out everytime I try to install it. When is that next quarterly map coming?...hopefully that'll correct these errors. By the way I also have a One XL (different email address associated to it) that updates fine on the same computer.

Thanks for that info...good news finally. My XXL540TM works fine but has not been able to update (pretty much at all) since the 8.60 map came out...

Finally mapshares are working for my 540-tm with the new update. Only took it over 3 months since I bought it to get the mapshare to work!

Finally mapshares are working for my 540-tm with the new update. Only took it over 3 months since I bought it to get the mapshare to work!
Now working here too, on my XXL530, with the new map download (865).

I never had any problem getting Mapshares for the v860 Europe maps. Was the problem only with the US one?

Hi all - newbie here with what appears to be a familiar problem. I was given an XL340S for Christmas - map version is USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P 860.3121. I've never been able to get the map share corrections to work - I get the 20 months message on the home screen. It seems from threads here that others are now getting updates for this map - is there anything I need to do at my end to get this working?

Welcome to TTF.

Did you ever bother to update your map when you first got it using the LMG?

I think so - the initial install of Home and first synch/update all went smoothly enough (though I don't remember exactly what was updated); the help/system info menu tells me I have map version 860.3121 installed which I understood is the appropriately up-to-date one for a late-Dec 2010 install. Advice I was given at the time was that the LMG update is automatic on first connection after a satellite fix, without having to enter activation codes etc.

However, since then I've been getting the "your map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks. Unfortumately MapShare corrections are temporarily not available" message on the home screen. Browsing various forums (including this one) I got the impression it was a known error, so didn't think too much of it; but now folks are saying theirs is working, but mine still isn't.

I hope that makes sense and that I have all the terminology correct (had to look up what an LMG was...:eek:)

It seems from threads here that others are now getting updates for this map - is there anything I need to do at my end to get this working?

I don't think anything has changed regarding map 860.3121. No one gets mapshares for that map in North America.

A week ago, a new map (version 865) was released. And the mapshare bug doesn't occur on the new map. The majority of owners with the issue had lifetime maps or a paid subscription, so they upgraded to 865 and the problem went away for them.

You could buy an annual map subscription. It'll run you about $60.

I don't think anything has changed regarding map 860.3121. No one gets mapshares for that map in North America.

A week ago, a new map (version 865) was released. And the mapshare bug doesn't occur on the new map. The majority of owners with the issue had lifetime maps or a paid subscription, so they upgraded to 865 and the problem went away for them.

You could buy an annual map subscription. It'll run you about $60.

Thanks. I don't know whether to be reassured that it's not just me or disappointed that a known issue hasn't been corrected so long after it first appeared. I wonder what the chances are of a freebie upgrade so I can actually use the service that's been paid for? (I nearly said "that I paid for" but since it was a gift that'd be stretching the point... perhaps I should just spring for a paid update).

Ask a Question