Map Corrections are temporarily not available

TomTom Model(s)
Via 1535
Ever since I got my last quarterly map update, I haven't been able to down load map corrections.

This is the message I get:

"Your map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks
Unfortunately Map Share map corrections are temporarilty
not available."

Anyone else having this? Any ideas? Should I call Customer Service?

Ever since I got my last quarterly map update, I haven't been able to down load map corrections.

This is the message I get:

"Your map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks
Unfortunately Map Share map corrections are temporarilty
not available."

Anyone else having this? Any ideas? Should I call Customer Service?

Still not sorted I guess the the Tec guys are still on their holidays :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Strange, just tried again with the SD card installed, which has only the Western Europe map on it. Got a satellite update but no map update

Tried again without the SD card so only UK & Ire in the devices memory and got the UK & Ire map updates. Could there be something wrong on the SD card like a file missing or something.

Same here, I got my Tomtom for Christmas and after it did the update for the new map and the new Tomtom software it started with the same message, I left it till the 29th and I wrote them under support and have yet to receive an answer back from them. I figured it had to be an issue on their end because the software still connects and gives me the QuickGPSfix files and I can connect and download anything else I want with the software, therefore it's not my firewall blocking the software.

Other than that I am pretty happy with my Tomtom XL 340m :D

Strange, just tried again with the SD card installed, which has only the Western Europe map on it. Got a satellite update but no map update

Tried again without the SD card so only UK & Ire in the devices memory and got the UK & Ire map updates. Could there be something wrong on the SD card like a file missing or something.
Granted, my situation is somewhat different than yours, but in explaining what I've always seen, it may shed some light on your specific (not others') situation.

For years I have had a GO720 with both NA and WEuropean maps on it. During normal connects with my normal selection of the NA map, I would only receive NA MapShare updates. However, if I selected the WEuropean map either on the unit before connecting, or with Home while connected, I would receive the WEuropean MapShare updates. This has always been the case regardless of whether I selected "Internal Memory" or "Memory Card" when Home2 fires up. Since it has always behaved that way, I assumed that this was probably normative for a TomTom hooked up to Home2.

I'm wondering if you are experiencing anything similar by forcing the situation when you pull the card that contains the WEuropean map, causing Home to look at the only map that remains available to update?

In fact - you might get a chuckle out of this. I bought the WEuropean maps with my 720 quite some time ago, as will be evident. Too cheap to update them as when I travel there, I'm usually on well established roads. Check the count for my MapShare updates to this map set. Just updated them today.

Attachments

• MapShares.jpg
    MapShares.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
You know, originally mapshares were promised for a map for a period of 1 year post purchase.

TT seems to have waved that restriction in recent times.

You know, originally mapshares were promised for a map for a period of 1 year post purchase.

TT seems to have waved that restriction in recent times.
Evidently. Those 200,000+ mapshare corrections are being applied to a seriously "vintage" 710 Western Europe map!

I had the same problem MONTHS ago, and after checking the internet and finding no working fix, I gave up and continued using my GO730....after a few weeks of use, I decided to try the Mapshare update again, and this time it worked, and is still working fine....so by just using the unit, something updated within the files and allowed the Mapshare to work on it's own, but sorry, not exactly sure what or why, but after research, I found that a mapserver.dat file had been created since my original backup, and I know it is one of the files responsible for Mapshare updates. Perhaps someone can provide a virgin copy of this file to apply to our maps when required to jumpstart Mapshare updates??

OK I guys I had submitted the problem to tech support on the Tomtom website and they finally got back to me, and this is the main portion of the answer I was given:

The error message you are receiving "Your map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks" is a temporary problem with TomTom HOME on the computer. You can safely ignore the comment.

The latest map version is v8.60 or 860.xxxx. Also, the MapShare corrections are currently not available for the latest map. This is typical within a week or two after a new map releases until corrections are approved and made available to our customers.

Be assured that we are working to get some corrections issued for these maps to prevent this misleading message from appearing

So it seems they have not approved updates for this map version as of yet and therefore we will continue to receive the message until they start approving and releasing these updates.

Hope this helps anyone having the same issue, it's basically a matter of waiting a little longer.

I like the 'typical within a week or two' part. Map 860 was released November 17th of 2010.......:rolleyes:

Thanks MikeM 860.xxxx is the version I have, so it look like I'll have to be patient :rolleyes:

WooHoo 512 updates at last thought there would be a few more than that but at least its working again :)

Oddsnends, I guess the UK section started working because the US/Canada still is giving me the same message. Maybe we will be next.

Ask a Question