Map Corrections

TomTom Model(s)
XL IQ Routes Edition (UK & ROI)
Hi

I had my TomTom XL IQ Routes set to accept map corrections from all sources. If I change the settings to only accept corrections approved by TomTom, will the maps revert to the state they would have been in before any of the other corrections were applied?

If not, is there a way to remove the corrections and revert to my latest map with no corrections and start again?

Eric

Suspect only subsequent changes will be from TomTom only. Existing changes applied will remain.

BUT within Home, Tools-->Mapshare Options-->Remove Corrections will remove all from device.

Thanks for that - I have done as you suggested.

The reason for wanting to do this is that there is a fairly new bypass around our city and the speed limits that have appeared on my TomTom for this road keep altering and are never correct. I want to see whether my latest map , released late February, is correct or not.

You did not have to delete the previous ones as they are tied to that map.
A new map will start off with zero Mapshares. The reason why we get a bunch of map shares after installing a new map is that they have been made between the time the map has been put to bed and the time we can download them.
Look at the month of your new map and you can be pretty sure it was dated the previous one.

I usually update my TomTom once per week. My latest map was updated by me on 26 February and also at that time and subsequently, all map corrections from all sources. Surely I did need to delete all these corrections to get back to the basic map.

If you are attempting to delete all revisions to the most current map, then yes, that is possible.

Delete the following file on your unit, found in the folder with your maps: MapServerPatch.dat

I should note that deletion of that file deletes ONLY the updates from TomTom's server. It does not cause deletion of changes you may have made yourself.

I should note that deletion of that file deletes ONLY the updates from TomTom's server. It does not cause deletion of changes you may have made yourself.
The way that can be over come is ti make changes with reversing the previous one.

Example:
A local road was rebuilt in steps between intersections.
I blocked one section, then blocked the next while undoing the previous one.
That came in very handy as I traveled the road all the time but knew nothing about the residential ones to the left and right of it.
Following the official 'Detour' road sign would have been a bit longer.

I didn't think he wanted to 'overcome' that. Rarely does a user wish to delete their own changes, just spurious ones that arrive when MapShare is set to what I lovingly refer to (a networking analog) as 'promiscuous mode'.

My point was to assure him that if he deleted the file I specified, his own changes would remain since they're held separately in yet another file.

Ask a Question