Map Correction

I tried to correct the map on my TomTom One. When I press the 'Map Correction' button I receive an error on the screen It says "This Map is out of date and not supported by Map Share Technology. Please use TomTom Home or www.tomtom.com to upgrade your map."

My device is TomTom One New Edition

It isn't even a month old yet, how can the map be out of date?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I do believe that I have navCore 7 but my map version is only 665.1293. Guess I'll have to let well enough alone as I don't really want to dish our 99.99 pounds (much more here in Canada) to get the latest version

I think it's completely and totally bogus that TomTom won't send out an update to existing owners to enable them to use the Mapshare feature. Nobody in their right mind is going to pay almost what they paid for their GPS just to update the maps to the not-even-current 6.75 ones... at least IMO.

It isn't even a month old yet, how can the map be out of date?
I think it is more than a month old. I guess you mean that you bought it less than a month ago. There is a difference.

I know a store here that is selling (well, trying to!) the GO700 still. I could buy one today, but it wont be up-to-date because it left the factory more than 2 years ago.

In your case, the tomtom would have left the factory with the latest map (as they all do). It is out of date now, because it has been sitting in a warehouse or store for some time and things have moved on. This is the same for any other physical product that i can think of.

Frustrating

To take this a step further I prchased my One in July of this year (Z ser #) maps are 665, two weeks later I purchased a set of UK maps, for a trip we took in Aug.

Since upgrading to Navcore 7 lite I get Mapshare for the UK maps, which I doubt I will use again but do not get it for my US/Canada maps and they are all on the same SD vard. (Yes I know it is a diff program for each set of maps, but its still annoying)

Sorry I just had to get that off my chest.:confused:

To take this a step further I prchased my One in July of this year (Z ser #) maps are 665, two weeks later I purchased a set of UK maps, for a trip we took in Aug.

Since upgrading to Navcore 7 lite I get Mapshare for the UK maps, which I doubt I will use again but do not get it for my US/Canada maps and they are all on the same SD vard. (Yes I know it is a diff program for each set of maps, but its still annoying)

Sorry I just had to get that off my chest.:confused:

The North America 6.75 (and higher) map set is required for MapShare functionality in the U.S. and Canada. The 6.65 maps will not enable MapShare.

I agree that TomTom should be offering some discounted or free upgrade to new purchasers. I pursued this with tech support, having bought my unit in mid-July. Most companies offer some form of software level protection against new versions for recent purchasers, but TomTom Tech support indicated they would not.

When pursued up the manager chain, they then indicated that they might offer a reduced price upgrade in the future. Guess time will tell.

I know this is a very old thread, but i spend so much time on forums and have gotten used to using the search function.

anyways. i have to agree that this really sucks. i just purchased a new/used gps unit (friend had one it from the snap-on truck and opened it but never used it. so i just bought it off of him for $100.), and was excited about the free trials and one time free map update. well as i'm searching through the manuals and content, i find a note that says the offers are only good until dec 06. well what the hell??? it's almost 09, and they're still selling these units, but the stuff is already expired??? :(

you said your friend had it but never used it. So he kept it for 3 years?

There have been several ONE models since then.

ONE 3rd Edition, ONE LE Edition, ONE XL, ONE XL*S, ONE XL 330, ONE 330

from my understanding he won it off of the snap-on truck early this summer. it hadn't even had the mounting pod/cables unpacked yet and still had the film on the screen.

sure would be nice if i could use the map correction/map share feature. but i also don't want to pay $100 for a map update when i only paid $100 for the gps.

Have you tried using it in your area? I would suggest doing a little testing with it to see if those maps may be just fine for you. If the roads haven't changed much where you live over the past few years, you shouldn't have many issues with those maps.

Also, to answer surge's question from post #1 on this thread, even though your current US maps don't have the Map Share functionality built in, you can still submit map corrections directly to the map maker (Tele Atlas - link below).

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php

Ask a Question