Map correction - Street 're-configuration'

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
I have a question about map corrections which I don't think has been answered before, but I only searched a few pages and didn't find an answer.

I regularly travel to Middletown, NJ and when I get off the Garden State Parkway, there is a road junction that used to be a crossroads but has been 're-configured' about 2 years ago I think (or at the very least a year ago). For anyone who wants to view this to get a better idea of what I mean, here's the link:

Red Hill Road/Van Schoick Rd, Middletown, NJ

The junction has been changed from a crossroads to a left hand bend with a road off to the right. So, now Red Hill Road curves to the right and becomes Van Schoick Rd and right about where the middle of the curve is, Dwight Road joins it as a T-junction and the other side of Red Hill Road is a T-junction off of Dwight road (left hand turn).

Is this something that can be submitted for a correction through my TT1? I have tried to figure this out and couldn't work it out. If you look at Google Maps, the road junction is wrong there too. So, how can I submit this to TomTom? Is it even possible or do I have to wait until they figure it out? The weird thing about this is that when Google went down this road to do Street view, it actually shows the old junction in one view, then switches to the 're-configured' junction a few shots ahead (try going from the Parkway along Red Hill road towards the junction in Street view and you'll see what I mean).

Hoping someone can help.

Toledospod

This is the kind of thing that you'll have to do your best explaining via a the "report other error function".

It will take a while for Tomtom to fix, as I expect they'll need secondary info like google street view or a mapping truck drive to confirm before making the change.

Also, keep "submit anonymous data" on as you drive the intersection. As you and other drivers all move slightly off-map in the intersection, Tomtom will also be alerted to the error.

Ask a Question