making map corrections (remove portion of a street)

So there is a section of a street that doesn't exist, but shows up in TT 920. I want to make this correction but it looks like TT will only let me remove the whole street which I don't want to do.
Only 1 block of the street doesn't exist.

How do I do this?

I got to map corrections / correct a map error / report other error / existing street

I can pick the street there but it picks the whole street.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Apparently, maps with the new x30 units break streets down into segments for more precise corrections; unfortunately, we have that problem you describe with x20 maps.

I ran into the same problem this week. What I did was select the street at the point where it actually ends, and indicated in the comments that the road does not exist between this point and the road to which they showed it connecting.

I don't think they can account for every possible type of error in their reporting interface, but they seem to be awfully limited in what types of errors they think will be common enough to include in the interface. I've needed to report "left turn permitted" several times, but they only have an option for "left turn NOT permitted".

Thank you,

I did report it manually in the TT. (The TeleAtlas site also is pretty restrictive)

I then did this and I don't know if it's a good idea.

I went to (un)block street, and blocked traffic both ways on the segment of the road and told it that it was permanent (as no road exists there).

I had to do it this way so it wouldn't rout me through there again.

I want to do things the right way, I hope this was.

So there is a section of a street that doesn't exist, but shows up in TT 920. I want to make this correction but it looks like TT will only let me remove the whole street which I don't want to do.
Only 1 block of the street doesn't exist.

How do I do this?

I got to map corrections / correct a map error / report other error / existing street

I can pick the street there but it picks the whole street.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

I had a similar problem renaming a segment of a street before a recent update on my 920. I'm not talking about the very latest update.

Slightly off topic but is there a way to say that two streets don't actually connect?

I ran into that recently, where the maps show an overpass with ramps leading to/from the road that crosses underneath. There are no ramps there. In this case I selected the ramp itself and reported that it does not exist.

I also reported as an "other" change where roads are show as connecting, but they don't actually connect. In this case, there is a grass median across the end of one of the roads. It's only 5 feet wide, but it forces a change in traffic flow.

It's funny, on the TomTom web site they have a video that demonstrates Map Share, in which the driver encounters a fence across the road, and ends up turning right, as the the road that's blocked is straight ahead. Presumably the fence is there for the same purpose as the above-mentioned median, but there's no way to accurately report such a change. At least not a way that I have seen.

Slightly off topic but is there a way to say that two streets don't actually connect?
I ran into the same thing, and when I pulled up to the end of the road, it allowed me to block the road, just where the break in the road was instead of blocking the whole road.

Is there a way to do the opposite, and show that a street continues for another block and connects with another street? Both are shown as "dead end" streets. I actually live on the street, which is ten years old.

Is there a way to do the opposite, and show that a street continues for another block and connects with another street? Both are shown as "dead end" streets. I actually live on the street, which is ten years old.
I would submit it as a correction, missing street, then just draw a line between the two ends, maybe it will get corrected in the next version

Ask a Question