Lost navigation sceen on XL

TomTom Model(s)
XL CLASSIC
I had a problem with my XL and reloaded program as" Andy P. Fresh software" but the program did not reload with a new navigation screen, but the device will open- but will not be seen by the HOME TOM-TOM can anyone advise.

Have you tried resetting the unit by holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sound (unless your unit has a dedicated reset hole).

Also, is the unit 'seen' by the computer when connected? In other words, does 'My Computer' show it as a removable drive?

lost navigation screen XL

Hi yes the computer see's the deviseb but tom tom does not. I have already tried the reset
Thanks

When Home opens, on the top right of the screen is the location for the email login/password. Are you doing that?

Lost navigation screen XL

Yes I log in ok and it looks for updates and reports up to date.

I do remember when I was deleting the loose files seeing a file with the blue screen that I am not getting now

Yes it opens ok and allows me to plot a course.

Have just rechecked your last query it is not showing up in my documents as Tom-Tom but as Internal F

Hi hammy. Can you clarify something for us please?

When you said....
.... but the program did not reload with a new navigation screen, but the device will open

....what exactly did you mean wasn't working?
When I first read it, I thought you meant that it now wasn't showing the navigation screen on the unit itself.
But then in a later reply you say:
Yes it opens ok and allows me to plot a course.

So is everything working OK on the TomTom itself and you are only having problems with "Operate my Go" in the TomTom Home program on the PC?

Also...
Have just rechecked your last query it is not showing up in my documents as Tom-Tom but as Internal F

That's fine. The PC will recognise the TomTom as a new "disk drive" or "mass storage device" and will just use then next available drive letter for it.

Ask a Question