lost maps on mac

hi all,
today i bought a tomtom xl europe 22 and tried to upload mr t voce , however somehow my maps and possibly more files were deleted. how can i get the map back again.
thanx nick

Last edited:
Did you make a backup prior to updating?

What shows on your unit when you use Finder?

Does anything here help??

hi all,
today i bought a tomtom xl europe 22 and tried to upload mr t voce , however somehow my maps and possibly more files were deleted. how can i get the map back again.
thanx nick[/QUOTE

I did make back up but I think the map was already deleted.
when I turn unit on it says No Maps Found and that is all no picture just a blank screen with NO MAPS FOUND

Last edited:
Yes i looked at the links but doesnt help as the map i lost came pre installed.
Basically i bought my tom tom , i came home, uploaded tomtom home , inserted my device to download a voice disconnected device only to find when i started it a big flashing red cross appeared , so i followed the instructions on reinstalling -rebooting software including back up but everything had already been wiped. After i rebooted and turned tomtom on nothing at all happens except a blank screen with "no maps found" , i could upload new map for ?69 but why should i when i paid for that earlier today.

sorry, but the backup needs to be done before you do anything. when you connect it to the mac, the TT will ask if you want to connect to the computer. click yes. from finder, open the drive(s) if you have an sd card and select all and copy to a folder on your mac hd. just for future reference.

sorry, but the backup needs to be done before you do anything. when you connect it to the mac, the TT will ask if you want to connect to the computer. click yes. from finder, open the drive(s) if you have an sd card and select all and copy to a folder on your mac hd. just for future reference.

If you use Timemachine on your Mac for backups, you can find the last backup you made and restore it to your hard drive. Then restore to the TomTom.

Ask a Question