Lost maps help

Being new to all of this, I have made a real mess. I went to upgrade my Maps and it instructed me to insert my SD card, I done this and then it ask me where I would like to save,(thought I would be saving an upgrade) done that - then I got completely lost, came out of everything only to find that it had taken off of my SD card all of my Western Europe and Central Europe Maps.

My husband is going to kill me!!!! I don't know what I have done with them, can any one help me please. I can only assume that I have hopefully put them onto my computer but I cant find them anywhere.

HELP Thanks

Use Explorer to see if the updated map is here in compressed form:

c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

If so, we can do something about it.

(Don't suppose you made a backup of your unit's contents first??)

When you connect the unit to the computer, don't start Home. Use Explorer and look at the contents of the sd card (inserted in the unit) and on the unit itself. Do you see a specific map folder listed?

Also go here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\backup\

and here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\From device\

Do you see anything in either folder?

And this........

Connect to Home.

Goto Manage My Device.......

Two tabs: Device and Computer........

For each, do you see a listing for maps?

Last edited:

Ask a Question