Lost Map Detail

I have the TomTom Eclipse AVN2210P and it was working fine last week after having it installed. Over the weekend, I attempted to update the TomTom through TomTom Home and have had problems ever since. I got the first problem fixed through tech support and the unit worked fine for about two hours, then the second problem, which is: I've lost a lot of map detail. I went from having every single residential street to only having expressways and a few arterial streets. My house now shows up in the middle of no where.

I can't find a setting for map detail. The USA and Canada map show up as being installed. TomTom Home tells me my unit is up to date. Any suggestions?

Do you have an SD card installed in your unit?

probably not your problem, but I have a card installed in mine with my upgraded maps. On the original internal memory sits the maps the unit came with which have less detail than my upgraded maps.

on a couple of occasions my unit has booted up from the internal memory despite having the card in place and those times I was confused for a bit due to the lesser details in the maps.....

After discussions with TomTom and Eclipse, Eclipse finally determined the unit should be returned for replacement by the dealer, which they are happily doing.

TomTom said it was an Eclipse problem. Eclipse, basically, said there was no fix and to return the unit.

I appreciate your reply about the internal memory. My original problem dealt with the unit not recognizing the SD card, but TomTom was able to walk me through that problem. Your response certainly sounds plausable.

I'm now very reluctant to attach the new unit to TomTom Home for fear of going through the same process all over again, which is disappointing, because I wanted to install Europe maps for a trip this summer.

Ask a Question