Lost in Spain....

TomTom Model(s)
Rider2 European Edition
Hi all, I have a rider 2nd edition with Europe SD Card.

I have an odd one happening...

Though I live in London, my Tomtom seems to think I am in spain.... I seem to have lost all maps but the Spain one.... My home location can be reset, and I can do any searches as the only cities available are spanish, so are POI and so on.... When I explore the content of SD card, all the maps seem to still be there...

Any idea??? I tried to update through the TomTom home app (used on an apple Imac), but the app crashes as soon as I connect the GPS.

I tried resetting the GPS but to no avail either.

I am lost and confused... Any help appreciated.

Olivier:confused:

I meant I can NOT do any searches nor set up my home location... the icons are greyed out...

When you go: Navigate to-->Street and Address, and for city, if you tap the symbol for Spain, can you see other countries listed then?

Or, if you choose Manage Maps-->Can you switch to a different map?

You have done a reset on your unit?

Can you uninstall and reinstall the application?

You could try the Clear Flash tool found here. run it 3 times.

If still no joy, you could try the Preference to Restore to Factory Defaults. You WILL lose all your custom settings but it's worth a shot.

I did try the reset factory setting as per your advice, but to no avail... I only have two maps available... Spain and Canary Island!!! all the european maps are gone...

I will try flashing out the soft....

thanks for your advice again.

Olivier

Still lost in spain, but have now reconnected to Home...

Hi I have now managed to use to clear flash and the tomtom is now connecting to Home.

But... though I can see the european maps are on the SD card, the tomtom still only see the canary island map.... not the european one. Home says it's on the device though...

When i boot it, the device is still lost in spain...

Any idea?

Thanks.:confused:

Keep upgrading to the latest application in HOME. You need to be at application 7.9 to see the latest maps.

If you're already at app 7.9, go to "add traffic, voices..." then to "items on my computer". If you have any maps there, you can try installing them again.

Ask a Question