looking for compatible helmet headset for go720

TomTom Model(s)
go720
I use my 720 on a motorcycle and have been looking for a helmet headset. I find lots of helmet headsets but they don't say if they are compatible with the 720. Does anyone know if the scala's will work or another brand?

You will need a Stereo headset. To be more exact, you will need a headset which supports the a2dp profile which would normally be a stereo headset. For whatever reason, TomTom chose NOT to include support for normal headsets. Now, with the TomTom Rider model, that model supports both types of bluetooth profiles since that model is meant for motorcycles.

Edit : I did a little research for you and read that no Cardo Scala headsets supported a2dp at one point, but then found out somewhere else that a2dp support has "finally arrived" with a new version/revision of the headset. Before you purchase anything, make SURE that you ask if that specific headset you want includes the a2dp profile.

Last edited:
I have a 720 for my cycle rides also. After being tethered from my helmet to the TT via earbuds, I finally went bluetooth headset and a pair of thin speakers from RiderWarehouse (great little speakers) My stereo bluetooth headset is the Motorola S705 literally glued to the back of my helmet. Ive gotten it to work sometimes, and not sometimes. Its a p.i.t.a. It was working fine for about 20 miles one day, and then it lost connection and i cant get them to pair up now. However, this little 'rola also has a built in FM receiver. SO, i can set my speaker pref on the TT to play instructions via FM transmitter and then set the S705 to the same frequency and voila!!! wireless instructions in my helmet. Its not as perfectly clean as bluetooth, but it ALWAYS works. Bluetooth is too sketchy now, wait 10 years until someone perfects it.

I use my TT730 with my Chatterbox Xbi via bluetooth...installed a 16gb SD card in my TT and have about 4,000 songs on it....the TT will send via bluetooth to my helmet my directions and my music....also the Chatterbox Xbi will stream that music to my wife on the back of my bike and also is a intercom so no more having the wifey slap my helmet when she has to pee....and all of this WIRELESSLY VIA BLUETOOTH! It really is the best product out there...if you go this route...buy it from Ramon or Romel at Chatterbox....PLEASE PLEASE tell them I sent you as they have ALWAYS taken good care of me and I told them I wil send them anyone I know that wants one...I get NOTHING for it but I like to repay when someone helps me out!

Crazyfamily, are you known under that name? If not, it's pretty hard to say you sent us!

My guess is you're talking about ChatterBoxUSA, right?

That's motorcycle stuff. I don't know if that's what's requested but it is certainly interesting for me!

Too bad they are in USA and I'm in Canada. Last I ordered from USA, I got slapped with an import tax and UPS fees of close to $100 for a $115 part... Largely by UPS-added, unwarranted, unpublicized outrageous handling fees, 2 month later...

This thread has some great info, was just wondering for all that are familar with the Chatterbox, was wondering if it would work with my TTOneXL, I know it has bluetooth (although I've not used it with a cell phone) and would be nice to have the direction's coming into my ears as you all have mentioned, also I do use earbuds with my MP3 and that to would be nice to use wireless, so as you can see "I have a question", as posted and would appreciate any and all available info, I did go to Chatterbox and check out the ones listed Chatterbox at Motorcycle Superstore The XBi.........John

The One XL only has Bluetooth to enable a data connection via a mobile phone, it doesn't support handsfree and cannot be used in this way, for a start there is no microphone in the One XL - Mike

The One XL only has Bluetooth to enable a data connection via a mobile phone, it doesn't support handsfree and cannot be used in this way, for a start there is no microphone in the One XL - Mike

Mike, thanks for the reply, I understand the OneXL has no microphone which that's ok, I just wondered if I could just listen to the directions? But it should work for the MP3 ok, was just hoping I could work both of them at the same time..........

The XL isn't capable of playig Audio via Bluetooth, at best you might get away with fitting a lineout socket to the device and then connect an A2DP transmitter to the XL, these are quite cheap these days see Here but remember to use this would require the addition of a line out socket to the XL - Mike

Ask a Question