LogPos configuration

TomTom Model(s)
GO920
Logpos looks good.

I recently installed Logpos on our Go920 (8.351)and it seems to work good but I need to adjust the configuration file to better suit my needs..

With the default configuration file I got close to what I would like, I was able to use:

GPS Visualizer: Map a GPS data file with Google Earth
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map_input?form=googleearth

to convert the .itn file to see where we went. We like to keep track of where we ride on our motorcycle so if we can find our way back if we should remember a road or something we want to see again. I was using TripMaster which does even more but I really did not need all that, just want to record where we have been when we are out riding - no we don't want to go to any place in particular, just enjoying the ride, and we don't want to stop and set positions in the GPS, many times the idea to return only comes days later, we may be talking and remember somewhere that was nice..

All went well with LogPos but the resulting file was not detailed enough to show which roads we were using - the .itn file showed different waypoints but they were too far apart. In three hours, over 100 miles of riding, I ended up with maybe 20 waypoints.

I have changed the option

FlagITNFull=yes

hoping it will give more positions. I turned off the

FlagTxt =no

and kept the FlagITN=yes to keep the log from getting too big.

Has anyone used this program and if so can you recommend better settings for my situation? The goal is to be able to load the final .itn into Google Earth and play the tour to see where we rode that day. Most rides/trips are 150 miles or less, and I don't want the log file to be too big to work with GoogleEarth.

I am afraid setting logpos to record in the .itn file every 10-15 seconds will be too much.

thanks in advance

joe

Thanks for the suggestion,

I have used Event Logger in the past and it worked OK but I read on the Event Logger web site 8.1 will not work with the latest TomTom firmware. It also states 8.2 will work but has not been released yet. The logpos seems to be capable of doing everything I need, but needs some fine tuning. The only thing that would really make it ideal for me was if it recorded every time you changed roads , that would probably be more helpful than only logging at regular intervals .

I believe the latest version of Event Logger is supposed to work with all Navcore versions.

I believe the latest version of Event Logger is supposed to work with all Navcore versions.

Yes, according to the website 8.2 will work but it is not yet available for downloading, only 8.1 is available for downloading, sorry I was not
more clear on that.

TTTracklog work OK

TTTracklog seems to do what I need, the author includes a program called log2itn which allows me to fine tune the nmea.log file that TTTracklog creates. Most times I just run the default log2itn to create a .gpx file and Google Earth displays it on my linux system so I can easily find the various roads we traveled.

TTTracklog - OpenTom

Ask a Question