Best configuration

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
I have a 720 and I just purchased a class 6 SCHC 8 gig card for my unit.

What is the best configuration to have. By this I mean maps on the card with music etc or can you load everything on the card and run the system on the card in theory saving the hard drive of the TT.
What is your set up and why...

THX

The internal is not a hard drive, it's flash memory. Some might say to run everything off the card as that will reduce the wear and tear on the flash drive related to read-write cycles in its life.

Others will say that if you put the map on the card, it allows for greater flexibility on both internal and the card for more stuff.

Personally, I have a 4-gig card for my 720 and I keep my NA map on the card and everything else on internal. Works just fine.

So...no right answer but you did yourself a big favour by getting a good sized card so that you do have choices.

I have everything on my 4GB SD card to reduce read write cycles on the internal drive, that you should do too, copy everything on your SD card to keep your device safe.

Ask a Question