New Forum Software - Glitches? Configuration?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
I see that the new forum software has apparently dropped the 'go to first unread post' link in a thread. That removes one of the more useful features of the software. I also have found that I have to re-logon every time I visit and sometimes have to logon multiple times in one session. Hopefully the Powers That Be will do something.

There is a menu option in Quick Links --> New Posts that may accomplish pretty much the same thing.

As to the second issue, try clearing your cookies cache. Log right out (closing the site) and log back in. Does that help?

Thanks for the response. Yes, the quick link does something similar just not as conveniently. It was nice to be able to click a thread and be able to read the first message and click to 'jump to unread' link. The quick link searches for all new posts and shows them in a big list, apparently. I'll play around with that and see how it works in practice.

I'll give the 'clear the cookies cache' a try and see if that fixes the login situation. It sounds like it should.

Are you referring to this image below?

Forum.jpg

[..] try clearing your cookies cache. Log right out (closing the site) and log back in. Does that help?

This does not help me at all. I can use any browser, restart it as many times as I want, clear the cache, and clear the cookies, I have the similar problem. I need to re-logging many times. I never had so many problems in forums as here since the software has been changed.
I hope this will be looked at by admins to ease life of users!

I'm not used to complain but do the best of all, but the most positive for the moment is that I fully know my account.... ;)

--pilsit

I'm experiencing the same situation here, now. After logging in with user name/password (and check the unmarked box), log in. If you are AGAIN taken to the screen where the user name is blank (again), click on the REGISTER link at the top of the screen. You may find that you are now recognized.

That should work for the session you are working in. I've sent a message to the admin about the issue.

DHN - Clearing the cookies worked for the login problem. That Quick Link you referred to has one major disadvantage over the old 'first unread post' link - it produces a list of ALL new messages and it doesn't appear to be able to sort by forum. I don't usually read all the forums, just 4 or 5 that are of interest. Oh well, maybe the Powers That Be will put the old link back. Thanks again.

Chris

Don't forget, when you look at the complete listing of forums, the ORANGE 'Talk' indicates new postings and then if you move to the orange right arrow and click, it takes you to the last (i.e, most recent) post in that specific forum.

Ask a Question