Live Services Expiry Dates

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by c4791p, Aug 11, 2010.

1. c4791p

c4791p

Las Vegas, NV USA

Interesting, interesting, interesting. TT740TM Live, US 850map and navcore 9.054 all playing well together.

Renewed live services and even subscribed early (so live services wouldn't expire at end of my 90 day free service period). Now, after doing what instructions say (on main menu tap live services and then tap my services,) a first screen appears and it seems my new expiration date for live services is properly updated.

However; when I go to the second and third screens; for some reason, NOT all my live services show the new expiration date. Even Google Live Services shows that date! But "Local Search With Google", "TomTom Weather" and "QuickGPSFix" all show only 17 days left on their subscription.

Each of those three offer choice to "tap to renew" and, Just for shits and grins I tapped and nothing happened. No additional renewal offers. Nothing.

I phoned, TTCS and got through to live person in under a minute, total:) I explained all the above and also that the three which show expiration dates "Local Search w/G", "TTWx" and "QuickGPSFix" all show only 17 days left on my subscription. -- which would coincide with the end of the 90 day period from when I first turned on my TT.

His comment? Those three don't really mean that those services are set to expire, the "#of days left on my subscription" line display really means that I have 17 days left in which to cancel my monthly renewing subscription, to keep it from rolling over into the next month and sticking me with another month of services I may not desire.

That sounds like a flaky answer me, especially when I have a majority of the live service icons which show the renewal status I expected and even "Google Live Services" shows the shows the expected renewal, while "Google Local Search" shows expiration in 17 days. TTWx and QGF also show expiration in 17 days and unlike Google, they do not have additional buttons which show the corrected renewal date.

I have opened a email trouble report as a sanity check, so we shall see what finally reaches me in writing.

Thoughts?

Chuck

c4791p, Aug 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. c4791p

mvl Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 2535 LIVE, GO 1535 LIVE, GO 740 LIVE, Go 930
    You might have the problem here.

mvl, Aug 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question