Listen to phone on external speakers

No Option

What is the option that allows you to still use the function?????

There is no option. You simply can't do it with the latest firmware. I've written to TomTom, and they've confirmed this. The only thing you can do is reinstall the old firmware, and hope that this feature returns in the next update. I personally doubt that it will.

There is no option. You simply can't do it with the latest firmware. I've written to TomTom, and they've confirmed this. The only thing you can do is reinstall the old firmware, and hope that this feature returns in the next update. I personally doubt that it will.

I have the firmware 6.525 but where can I download TomTom Home 1.5. I am already at Version 2+

Thanks
Norbert

Yeah this is a real problem because the speaker on the tomtom sucks for calling over bluetooth. Please someone find a solution with the new firmware!!! :D

For those of you who running the latest OS on the unit and have the FM X'mitter mount the phone audio gets channeled thru the line-out as long as all audio settings on the TT are set "via FM x'mitter".

For those of you who running the latest OS on the unit and have the FM X'mitter mount the phone audio gets channeled thru the line-out as long as all audio settings on the TT are set "via FM x'mitter".

I'm lost on what your trying to say, will the phone calls be heard over the speakers with the newest firmware or not?

Phone Calls and Car Stereo

I'm lost on what your trying to say, will the phone calls be heard over the speakers with the newest firmware or not?

I can't speak for using the "line out" jack/cable, but I can tell you this:

If you want to be able to use your FM transmitter mount to wirelessly transmit your cell phone calls through your car stereo speakers, you CANNOT do it with the current firmware.

I don't know if this will ever be fixed in future firmware releases, but it DOES NOT work with current firmware. If you want to restore this feature, you'll need to rollback to a previous fimware version. The tradeoff is you will lose your Mapshare function. You'll have to decide if it's worth it for you. For me, it is.

Yeah I rolled back to the old firmware 6.525 with the patch for speaker out for calls... I can live without the new "features" if it means i can use my tomtom with my cell and it goes out threw my speakers. and let me tell you... it works WELL. Not one person complains about echoes or anything even with the volume turned pretty high up. :D Now if anyone finds a new patch to add to the TOMTOM to have this work with the new firmware, now that would be awesome!

Do the newer models have the same issue or do they automatically play out through the car speakers?

Anyone come up with a fix for this yet? I would love to upgrade my tomtom to the newest firmware but i can't give up this feature. like it way too much.

Play phone call audio over bluetooth HF connection

I have a GO 730 and use it bluetooth to my helmet on my motorcycle. Works great to listen to music and hear directions bluetooth to my helmet. My questions is "is there anyway to get my phone calls to also come thru bluetooth through the tomtom 730 Go to my helmet bluetooth.. now don't let me mislead you...I can do a seperate bluetooth connection (my chatterbox xbi bluetooth intercom allows upto 2 seperate bluetooth connections at the sametime) however it would be much much easier to make ONE bluetooth connection and when a call comes through I will see it on the 730 GO and then when I have it set to auto answer it would come through my helmet like all the other audio. Is this possible? Right now if I have the phone bluetooth connected to the tt 730 go all of my audio comes bluetooth to my helmet as a HIFI connection HOWEVER the phone calls once accepted still come thru the external TT speaker! What can I do here?

Hmmm... Is there some way you could convince your chatterbox to look like a TomTom Car Connect device, or convince your TomTom that it should treat your chatterbox like a Car Connect device?

Yeah I rolled back to the old firmware 6.525 with the patch for speaker out for calls... I can live without the new "features" if it means i can use my tomtom with my cell and it goes out threw my speakers. and let me tell you... it works WELL. Not one person complains about echoes or anything even with the volume turned pretty high up. :D Now if anyone finds a new patch to add to the TOMTOM to have this work with the new firmware, now that would be awesome!

How do I roll back to the old firmware. I am running 7.162. And also what features are lost?

Nice explanation. Im glad you posted this before I had a chance too.

However for EOD1, I noticed you have a 910. Everything is the same except:

You don't have an SD card and you won't see the file US_and_Canada because the 910 has the North America folder.

Follow the rest and you should be fine.

If there is a specific step that confuses you or you get stuck, please let us know.

I did all of the above but does not work for me on the GO910
any help

Thanks RedDog

I just tried this on my 720 and was going crazy because no matter what settings I had changed, it wouldn't work. After 2 hours, I decided to read past post number 3 and then realized that TomTom had killed this feature.. GRR! It would have been a nice thing. It's hard to hear anyone at 100% volume while doing 60+ MPH in my Civic. Ohh well, you can't always have everything. I won't go back to NavCore 6 just for this feature. If your cell phone has bluetooth, you may as well be using a bluetooth ear piece.

Nice explanation. Im glad you posted this before I had a chance too.

However for EOD1, I noticed you have a 910. Everything is the same except:

You don't have an SD card and you won't see the file US_and_Canada because the 910 has the North America folder.

Follow the rest and you should be fine.

If there is a specific step that confuses you or you get stuck, please let us know.
===================================================
Does this update change any other functionality? ie: voice directions thru speakers, etc...?

This is an older post that no longer posts. Since the release of Navcore 7, the lines out trick no longer works.

Pedro;
Can I use an external speaker from the 730 to here blue tooth reception? It's almost impossibe to hear the cell phone person from the internal speaker. I read your post regarding the 910 and would like to know if it also applies to the 730.

The loop hole used to route the hands free audio via the line out socket was disabled a few years back via software updates, it is not possible to have hands free sounds via Bluetooth, FM or Line out on any of the TomTom product range.

In the end I purchased an accessory for the car that does let me have the audio via the car speakers but its nothing to do with the TomTom - easy to obtain in the UK but difficult in North America a device called iO-Play, I posted a few notes about this set up I use in This Thread, its certainly worth considering even though the TomTm has nothing to do with the phone used this way.
What I do like is the flexibility and choice for the connection options this offers in the car, nav instructions via BT that interupt the radio/ CD, music from the TomTom via BT and/ or nav instructions via BT, phone audio throught the car speakers and still have navigation instructions from the TomTom built in speaker.

If you think the volume is too low on your 730 have you tried turning it up whilst you have a call in progress? the TomTom handsfree volume control remains hidden unless you are actually in a call, try phoning home from the device and tap the lower left corner, increase the volume on the slider and you might find its adequate once turned up - Mike

Ask a Question