Pause while listening to an audiobook issue

I wanted to pause an audiobook using a pause button. But after tapping a play button, the file started from the beggining. i was "forced' to listen to the same part several times. Is there any way to pause? Can you fwd and backward a book or a song?

The Jukebox controls are inconsistent & counter-intuitive to anyone familiar with actual mp3 players. That GUI desperately needs a "scrubber" to re-position playback. Without this, lengthy audiobooks are nearly useless.

This dis-functionality was a major disappointment to me. :mad:

R?

It works. I found the answer in the manual

It does work. When you tap a play button, the map appears and the reading starts. If you want to pause, you go back to the jukebox and tap "pause". The reading stops and the map appears back.
If you want to resume listening, choose jukebox again and see "resume" button on the bottom left side of the menu. Tap it and the book's reading will resume:D

Yes. Resume works, even through power-downs. For me, it's easier to control resuming, when it's not set to auto-jump back to the map, but it requires more taps...

However, there's still no way to FF or REV through a book/song. :mad:

I recently learned you need to hold down the |>> or the <<| button. While holding it down it will FFW or RRW. I haven't tested that yet, has anyone else?
Interesting! :eek:

I tried this. It's klunky, but sort of works.

Thoughts:
1) the jukebox FF's & RW's in "chunks" --there is no fine control, but it's definitely better than re-listening to an entire story.

2) it's very difficult to maintain constant pressure on the device while driving. If the duration's too short, the GUI interprets the press as "skip to Next Song"

Thanks for the tip, Sextant! :cool:

It's klunky, but sort of works.

The entire MP3/audiobooks interface is a total kluge. I keep expecting them to put some basic and intuitive functionality but it isn't happening. Rather than spend money to update my TT I'm going get a smart phone instead. All I need a TT for is the GPS, TT has screwed up everything else so why pay for it from them again?

Cheeky Response

The entire MP3/audiobooks interface is a total kluge. I keep expecting them to put some basic and intuitive functionality but it isn't happening. Rather than spend money to update my TT I'm going get a smart phone instead. All I need a TT for is the GPS, TT has screwed up everything else so why pay for it from them again?
Well (and I should admit, upfront, that I'm an "iPod Snob..." :rolleyes: ), this is a "GPS Device, which supports MP3 playback." I have to keep reminding myself that it's not the other way 'round. ;)

The sound quality over the FM transmitter pales in comparison to my iPod's own FM transmitter (when playing back the same song in the same car).

If you own an iPod (or other brand of "real" MP3 player), a better solution would probably be to invest $30 in one of these for yours. Although, it means you'll have to drag both devices around with you. Note: I have not made this investment, yet...

R?

Ask a Question