How can I get "browse by text" while in drive mode?

Discussion in 'System Configuration and Customization' started by Sukibot, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Sukibot

Sukibot

TomTom Model(s):
    XXL 550, One New Edition
    On my old Tomtom One, in the middle of the drive, I could browse by text to see the remaining steps and understand the remaining route. However, on the XXL 550 (with latest update 9.150 which removes the hated Easy Menu), I can see the browse by text when I am in planning mode, but don't know how to get to the browse by text when I am already driving. Is there indeed a way as there was on the One? Thank you.:(

Sukibot, Nov 3, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Sukibot

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Once the route is created, is there an 'options' button where the route is showing. If so, try that.

dhn, Nov 3, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. Sukibot

Sukibot

TomTom Model(s):
    XXL 550, One New Edition
    Once the route is created, I have a "details" button and can see the "browse by text". However, once I say DONE and am in drive mode, I can't get back to "details" or "browse by text". If I am in drive mode on the old Tomtom, I would hit the background and get back to the "details" button. Here, when I hit the background in the XXL, I get "Change Route" or "Browse Map". Neither of these get me back to details button or browse by text.

Sukibot, Nov 3, 2015
  4. Sukibot

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    Try tapping the bottom right of the status bar while in 3D driving view. Do you see 'details'. If so, tap it and you should see a 'Browse as text' icon.

dhn, Nov 3, 2015
  5. Sukibot

Sukibot

TomTom Model(s):
    XXL 550, One New Edition
    Bless you, dhn! That was it! The manual makes no mention of what you said, but it works and I am so grateful to you and this forum. Now that the Easy Menu is gone due to my update, and I know how to get to stuff, I have everything that I need. Thank you.:)

Sukibot, Nov 3, 2015
  6. Sukibot

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    You are welcome.

dhn, Nov 3, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question