TomTom pauses music too short for navigation commands (commands truncated)

Hello,
First, I have:
- jailbroken iPhone 3GS
- Firmware 3.1.2
- TomTom 1.1 Western Europe
- Pioneer car radio with BlueTooth module (radio can be used as hands-free carkit and BT Audio streaming)

NB: I'm from the Netherlands, so I have translated the spoken commands as accurate as possible. There might be some errors to the real versions used ;)

This is what I do:
- turn on car radio to pair with iPhone -> this always works
- start the iPod on the iPhone to play music over BT to the radio -> this always works
- start TomTom and define route -> always works
- start driving

What happens:
The music is playing, and TomTom wants to tell me that I have to turn rightt in 800 meters. Therefor it pauses the music and telss me: "After 800 meters, turn r" . Directly after the "r" of right the music starts palying abain (stop pausing...). TomTom pauses the music too short. But this is not always the case. Please find below a list of commands and what the output is (first what is should be, and after the "=>" what happens (...)):
turn left +> turn left :)
turn left, followed by turn left => turn left, followed by turn... :mad:
after 800 meters turn right => after 800 meters turn r... :mad:
go straight ahead at round-about, second exit => go straight ahead at round-about, second exit :)

It looks like TomTom (or Apple???) has a predefined list of pause durations and chooses from this list for every command. Either the predefined pauses are too short, or the wrong one is chosen.

My questions:
- Do other people encounter this problem as well?
- Is there a fix for this problem?
- Does anybody know the location of the assumed list of predefined pauses (in some sort of plist file)?

I am familiar with editing *.ipa files and plist/string files, so it's not a problem hacking into them.

I have asked the questoin to TomTom already, but did not get a response until now.

I hope one of you have the solution.

Kind regards,

Sheppy

I have also noticed this with the 3G and 3GS when using Bluetooth audio, I use something called iO-Play from the Bluetooth connection, try a cabled connection between the phone and car deck and see what that sounds like - Mike

I guess it will be the same as I have done a test with the internal speakers of the iPhone and it resulted in the same behaviour. There is no difference between using the internal speakers and auio over bluetoth to the car radio.

Thanks anyway for reply.

Using AUX cable did not solve the issue...

I have tried the above with an audio cable from iPhone headphone jack to my radio AUX input, but the result is the same. No solution.....

Ask a Question