Listen to phone on external speakers

This is my modification

used an old tomtom 300 mount combined it with the x10
DSCN3292.JPG

DSCN3293.JPG

DSCN3294.JPG

DSCN3295.JPG

with this mount it doesnt drop or vibrate like what i am having from the original x10 mount even with the upgraded version.

Phone calls through car stereo speakers - having no luck

I would first make a backup of your 910 if you haven't done so already. Then follow these steps:

Thats it!, you should be able to listen to phone calls through your external speakers.

so i have done the suggested text file multiple times and i have never gotten the windows message about renaming the file, and therefore, i can't get my calls through my car speakers. :confused: i read on one of the forum pages that someone was/could use the cassette adapter for this. that's the setup in my 04 volvo s60. i have the ipod hard wired so taking out the dash is not an option so i used the cassette and the navigation comes through great, just not the calls. any suggestions oh many knowledgable one's out there in tt land . . .

so i have done the suggested text file multiple times and i have never gotten the windows message about renaming the file, and therefore, i can't get my calls through my car speakers. :confused: i read on one of the forum pages that someone was/could use the cassette adapter for this. that's the setup in my 04 volvo s60. i have the ipod hard wired so taking out the dash is not an option so i used the cassette and the navigation comes through great, just not the calls. any suggestions oh many knowledgable one's out there in tt land . . .

Assuming you are on Windows, open Windows Explorer then go to Tools>Folder Options>View Tab>Uncheck the option to hide file extensions.

Try it again after doing that.

Phone calls through car stero speakers

thnaks d-f.

i never thought about that. i have created the file and, because of youe knowledge of all things tomtom, it will work! :D
thanks
theql

Glad I could help.

Maybe u can help me with another question, I have my calls coming though my speakers but they are super low volume - i have to crank the volume on the audio system to the top just to hear it. Creates a few other problems. esp if directions come through during a phone call!

Is there anyway I can boost the audio volume of the phone calls?

I have the Blue tooth volume turned all the way up on my phone and tom tom volume is all the way up. The volume is perfect when playing off the juke box or the ipod connector... but not phone calls!

-J

From one Firmwire update, tomtom made the phone call volume seperate to the unit's volume. However, you stated you have turn up the volume.

My suggestion is to either remove your phone and reconnect it to your unit or run the 'clear the flash tool'.

Worked like a charm! It's amazing that one little file like that can make such a big difference! I can now hear my phone calls! :) Thanks so much! This is what makes forums like this so great...the little things. I had the "lock-up" with my 910 after updating the firmware...just learning that doing a disc check with Windows fixed it right up for me! Awesome!

Ahhh !!
Thanks for the info ! I have been bashing my brains (via preference/settings menu) trying to find out why phone calls were playing externally one day and not the next, then finding out how to make it work again.
You guys have no idea how frustrating this has been. Woo hoo!

v7 of firmware breaks phone calls through car speaker

the enable_lineout_hands_free no longer works with 7.16 of the tomtom firmware. I had to install the old version 6.x for it to work again. If anybody can get v7 of firmware working with phone calls to the car speaker, please let me know.

the enable_lineout_hands_free no longer works with 7.16 of the tomtom firmware. I had to install the old version 6.x for it to work again. If anybody can get v7 of firmware working with phone calls to the car speaker, please let me know.

I haven't tried it on my 910 but members are saying if you remove the 'enable_lineout_hands_free' file while using the 7.16 firmwire, there is an option that allows you to still use the function. If you keep the file with the new fimwire, it will not.

Good Luck

that is not correct.

I tried it on v7.16 without the hack and there is no special magic optionthat appears to let you use it with car speakers. Anyone else have any luck with it?

I tried it on v7.16 without the hack and there is no special magic optionthat appears to let you use it with car speakers. Anyone else have any luck with it?

I also have a 910 and have no luck with 7.16. I'm reverting to my last backup with the previous version.

Maybe I am just being dense here, but when you install this file, I assume your calls are all set to the external speakers, i.e. you are not adding any options to the menu. So if I am listening to the radio or a CD (versus mp3 on the TT) and a call comes in I won't hear the ring, will only have the visual on screen and have to switch my stereo to the TT. Is this right?

The TT will pause anything playing on it, sound a ring and also offer a visual cue. If you are not using the TT as your music source like you have a CD playing on the stereo you'll only see the visual cue on the TT. You would have to switch the radio to the TT source in order to hear your call.

There's several options however. You can still hear your phone ring regardless of the TT. You can disconnect your cell phone from the TT. There's a menu option for this. It will stay disconnected until you connect back or cycle the power on the TT.

...there is an option that allows you to still use the function

I haven't tried it on my 910 but members are saying if you remove the 'enable_lineout_hands_free' file while using the 7.16 firmwire, there is an option that allows you to still use the function. If you keep the file with the new fimwire, it will not.

Good Luck

What is the option that allows you to still use the function?????

Ask a Question