Lifetime Maps

You'll probably read about it here or in other forums within hours of it being released.....:D

Also, you'll probably get an email from TomTom the day after it's released......

Finally, one day you'll be connected to Home, "Update my Device" and you see notification there as well.

The 850 map was due at the end of May but wasn't released till June 6th as I remember. So look for 855 anytime from the last week of August through to the first week of September or so.......

Thanks for the speedy response, dhn. I hope the new map will be an improvement over the current map.
It's rare that they're not an improvement (except for Europe, where the sheer size of 850 caused them to fragment the map if you didn't have enough memory!). Whether you see improvement in your own area is always up for grabs.

If you're curious to know where TeleAtlas is with regard to mapping in your area, you can always take a peek at what is current on their system, understanding that it may take a map cycle for anything you see there to appear in the TomTom map build.

Go to Digital Mapping & Navigation Solutions- Tele Atlas
Over on the right side, click on the green box called "Report map changes"
Select your language
Click on Start
Select Country (and in our/your case, the state as well)
To get started, enter the city name where you're wanting to peek
Click Search

You can now zoom and pan around to any area that is of interest to you to see if they've already incorporated changes that are important to you.

If you see something there that you don't like, you can report it right there. It's often easier than trying to use the control panel of your TomTom to do it, and the info is going somewhat more directly to the same place.

Ask a Question