Lastest Map Guarantee Question

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
I have a question about the latest map guarantee. I just got my TT One XL.S today (yeah!!). It came with version 7.10 of the USA/Canada map. I know there's a version 7.15 out there. So, my question is, does anyone know when the next version will be coming out? Should I go ahead and download the 7.15 maps now or should I wait just a bit to see if a newer version comes out within the 30 day period? If I download 7.15 now and a new version comes out in 3 weeks, can I still get that version or will I be "stuck" with 7.15?

Thanks - looking forward to using my TT - I'm doing Route 66 in May and wanted a GPS to help with the trip. It was the itinerary function that really sold me. I would have had to buy almost the top of the line Garmin to get this function.

I have a question about the latest map guarantee. I just got my TT One XL.S today (yeah!!). It came with version 7.10 of the USA/Canada map. I know there's a version 7.15 out there. So, my question is, does anyone know when the next version will be coming out? Should I go ahead and download the 7.15 maps now or should I wait just a bit to see if a newer version comes out within the 30 day period? If I download 7.15 now and a new version comes out in 3 weeks, can I still get that version or will I be "stuck" with 7.15?

Thanks - looking forward to using my TT - I'm doing Route 66 in May and wanted a GPS to help with the trip. It was the itinerary function that really sold me. I would have had to buy almost the top of the line Garmin to get this function.
The maps come out quarterly, and the 7.15 was released last month. I would go ahead and get the 7.15 map because there won't be another one in less than 30 days.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I figured.

Well, at least HOME sees there's an update so I don't have to go through the hassle of sending in proof of purchase. I'm going to have to wait til tonight to download the update though...download speeds at work are too slow.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I figured.

Well, at least HOME sees there's an update so I don't have to go through the hassle of sending in proof of purchase. I'm going to have to wait til tonight to download the update though...download speeds at work are too slow.
Don't expect a huge difference, from what I've seen, there ain't much

Well, I'm hoping they'll at least fix two glaring problems I've noticed in the 2 hours I've had it. I tried to set my home location and it doesn't like my house number. It apparently thinks the house numbers don't go that high.

I've also noticed that the street where my office is located is not current. The street was extended probably 4 years ago to connect through to a major road. The extension isn't shown.

Guess we'll see once I've downloaded the update...

Well, I'm hoping they'll at least fix two glaring problems I've noticed in the 2 hours I've had it. I tried to set my home location and it doesn't like my house number. It apparently thinks the house numbers don't go that high.

I've also noticed that the street where my office is located is not current. The street was extended probably 4 years ago to connect through to a major road. The extension isn't shown.

Guess we'll see once I've downloaded the update...
Why not set your home location by your GPS position? You can check and see if your office's street was updated with other members who have the 7.15 map, here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=7693

Last edited:

Ask a Question