Lastest map for XLS??

What is the lastest map version for xls? Also is the lastest version avaialble online free somewhere to download?

I don't understand how to setup bluetooth?

The latest map for the XL-S is USA and Canada v7.20. You can get it free if within 30 days of purchase by contacting TT by phone as the latest map guarantee in Home does not work. If not within 30 days of your TT purchase, you need to buy it. TT issues new maps about 4 times a year and you don't necessarily need the latest map.

Can't help you with Bluetooth. Someone else will need to fill in on that.

Gilbert,

Can you explain the process of how to get the map if and when TT approves my LMG?

Thanks

I did not go thru this process myself but read it numerous times. Don't count on Home for this as I never heard it worked for anyone. You need to email or call TT within 30 days of your purchase to obyain the newest maps if the one on your device is older than the latest. TT will ask you to provide a proof of purchase with the date and it has to have been bought from an approved reseller (no eBay or personal sale). Once they have received and checked the validity of your claim, they will allow you to download the latest version for your device, in your case, it would be USA and Canada v7.20 which was released in early May by TT and was Tele Atlas latest version of about 3 months before May. The reason is that TT does some work on the map provided by Tele Atlas such as encryption, adding phonetic fields for road names, MapShare updates etc which lasts around 3 months until they release the maps to the end users. It is with TT Home that you will be allowed to download the latest map and update your device.

If you have not already done so, I suggest making a full backup of your TT system using Explorer ensuring you copy all files including hidden system files with all known file extentions. That way, if anything goes wrong, you can always restore without losing too much time. The download will be around 870MB and can take a while...

Ask a Question