Is this normal ??

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live1535
So I found out If my USB doesn't recognize my Tom Tom 630 I can use the reset button,,, and voila it worked.. The device was now found and identified and I was able to log into my account and change some preferences I had for names of locations etc..
:)
Then I saw there was a couple of major updates I should download so I did..
I then backed up device and then when it finished (after 2 hours) my GPS was Like it was new out of the box ..Now it had reset

No time No Home Locations etc ..

I thought the reset button didn't affect any of your major settings??

So right now I am restoring my 630 while I complain over here..

:(

If one of the downloads was an updated map, then that explains the loss of the Home location and other settings. They're kept in the mapsettings.cfg file in the map folder and a new map's file overwrites the existing one.

If that is the case (a new map) then if you've backed up the old one, copying the old mapsettings.cfg file to the new map's folder should restore the settings.

OTOH, if an updated map was not one of the downloads, then what you experienced should not have happened. Doing a pin reset will cause you to have to set the time again if you don't have a gps lock but no other settings should be lost.

You're sure that 'Restore to Factory Defaults' was not something you selected? Doing so WILL cause a loss of all user settings and you have to start over.........

I never saw any option to restore to factory defaults.. I just pushed the restore button for ten seconds and hooked up......
and I got to my main page after that ...

OK all is good restore is Back ..,
So how do I tell what map update I have?
I know that the 855 map is the last release .. BUT with todays notice of a new North America map.. release .. I don't know how to check this on my 630 Go device ... ??

Tap the satellite bars on your unit, the next screen shows the application version installed.

Now, tap the version number and the following screen shows the map installed and its version.

Ask a Question