GO 930: No computer voice in normal driving mode

Hello. When I specified a destination on my brand new GO 930, the computer voice would announce upcoming school zones, gas stations, redlight and speed light cameras locations, etc. loud and clear, but when I was driving normally without specifying a destination, the computer voice didn't make such announcements. It was silent. At first, I thought the sound had been turned off but it wasn't. Is it something to do with the Navcore buggy update Version 8.3?

No, I suspect you have the setting to announce pois on route. But, in normal driving, there is no route as such, so no announced poi's.

Thanks dhn

Thank you dhn!

So, if I want POIs (especially the redlight and speed cameras) to be announced, I need to specify a route even if I will be cruising with no specific destination in mind... So, what do I need to do in order for the GO 930 not to continually recalculate the route because I won't follow the computer voice instructions?

Just ignore the instructions! Serious.....

Or, you can clear the route (but then you won't get the warnings, I suppose.)

Can't win, eh? ;)

Ask a Question