Rider 2 Car Mount Kit - Noisy is it normal

Just purchased a Car Mount Kit for my Rider V2 and noticed that when connected the speaker has a lot of background noise all the time, is this normal
It doesnt get any louder or less if you adjust the volume but gets on your nerves after a while
So if anyone else has a Car Mounting Kit, I would like to know if this is normal of is mine faulty

Thanks

Hi Shoegoo

The noise is like the sound you get when a speaker is turned up
very loud but not not playing anything with a bit of crackle as well
doesnt change when you increase or decrease the volume
Just tried it one a spare 12volt battery to see if was inteference from the car
but its still the same, the speaker must be amplified as it requires power all the time
might be the ampifaction part thats causing the sound , put your ear up close and let me know if you hear anything ??

Thanks

I'd love to have your problem

By that I'm trying to get my hands on the car mounting kit for my Rider 2.... can't get it on the TomTom site so they gave me 5 websites to try & none of them had it.

Not sure where else to look.

I did however get a VERY VERY good price for my Rider 2 at computer components | computer parts | Online Computer Store I paid $403 Canadian (came to $473 taxes & shipping in).

I was pleased with that for sure.

Car mount kit

Try E-Bay. That is where I bought mine. If you live in the US you can't buy anything for your GPS. I don't understand why they don't import accesseries.

hdfergie,

You didn't mention how much of the original package you have. For instance, do you have the usb cable so that you can connect to the computer, have you installed TomTom Home on your computer, etc.? With these items you might be able to update your maps. Without updated maps your gps may not function as well.

Sorry for your troubles, but without a starting place its hard to help people. You should be able to down load an owners amnual from the TT site. With that you will at least know what you are missing.

If you search the forum you may find enough information to help you. You can always post here and someone will try to help.

Yes, that is the mount just like the one that comes with the TOM TOM but without the cradle it is just a fixture on the handlebars. That is the only thing we can get. Nothing to fix any after sales problems. Sure, with your warranty you have no problems. Just try to get anything like the cradle that sounds like a weak fixture.

Shoegoo,
Yes I have a standard USB cable and have downloaded Home 2. It does check for updates and then shows that I need $79 worth of upgrades. Why does it even bother to check for anything? I'm going to spend a few more $ on this thing and see if it straightens up, but I sure hate to and get burnt worst. The TYRE that PC recomended helped. At least I can route my rides better.
Thanks to all for the help.

HD,

My TomTom is no longer under warranty. I had to pay for a year map upgrade. Was it worth it? These GPS things are just toys. Most fo the time I don't use the and its just a distraction.

I finally had a chnce to try out my TomTom Rider2 in the car kit. I did not have any problems with noise. It was a little loud, but that's the way I like it. I keep loud for when I ride the bike.

By that I'm trying to get my hands on the car mounting kit for my Rider 2.... can't get it on the TomTom site so they gave me 5 websites to try & none of them had it.

I had the same problem. One problem is that the car kit uses a suction cup mount for windshield attachment. I understand that because of some laws in California and elsewhere that it is no longer acceptable. Hence they are hard to find and probably unavailable. I bought mine from tigerdirect.com. .....

Last edited:
Rider II Car Mount

So here it is 5-6 months later & I'm still trying to get my hands on a Rider II Car kit.

The only place I've seen them is in Europe & I've never ordered anything from there before. Unless anyone has a suggestion I guess I'll give it a go.

So here it is 5-6 months later & I'm still trying to get my hands on a Rider II Car kit.

The only place I've seen them is in Europe & I've never ordered anything from there before. Unless anyone has a suggestion I guess I'll give it a go.

See if any stores here work for you.

Ask a Question