Screen Banding...Is this normal

I just noticed that on some screens there is a very slight banding ie: at tip of arrow when driving, on map change screen, perhaps others. It is bearly noticeable, and it does not happen on all screens. Is this normal, I just happened to notice it.

Dan

Others have reported occasional map flicker / corruption after upgrading to 8.350. In another forum, a user posted an image of a river in stripes rather than solidly colored in. My own experience has been one of delays, but not image errors.

The upper line is just below the side road off to the right, about 5MM distance on the image below.
The lower line is just below the tip of the blue current position triangle.

I bet you will see these lines for most of this afternoon now you know where they are! - Mike

I can see the color difference when I look at the pic at an angle. This almost looks like a distance increment in the map. As you get further away from the current location the map color changes slightly to indicate 1/4 mile or so.

I don't know if the rendering by the TT firmware is the same as what Home does in the example above, but the slight gradation in brightness adds to the effect of perspective. It's an old visual trick.

Thanks guys,

Clearly it is normal. Didn't notice it at first until I turned up brightness. All is well, I guess it is suppose to give you a perspective feel.

Dan

Thanks guys,

Clearly it is normal. Didn't notice it at first until I turned up brightness. All is well, I guess it is suppose to give you a perspective feel.

Dan

I can concur it is normal.. although I agree with you it's strange looking, I myself would prefer it to be all one solid colour, since the effect is not smooth looking, and looks like 'banding' as you state.

But yes, it's normal. You can also see that banding 'move' up or down depending on zoom level as you drive

I believe this "banding" is normal. My 720 has been doing it for as long as I can remember (certainly, for well over six months of NavCore updates).

It's probably supposed to represent distance, subtly.

Ask a Question