copying maps takes AGES! Is that normal??

Hello,

I have just purchased the updated Western and Central Europe map and I got all sorts of errors when trying to copy it through Home on my Tom Tom One IQ routes, so I am copiyng the files now with Explorer directly in the folder of the device as described in some other threads.
But it tells me is gonna take about 4 hours! :eek: Is that normal??
Any way I can speed up?

Thanks!

I believe that model is only USB 1.1 compliant, which may explain some of the slowness.........

Windoze (Thats deliberate spelling by the way) doesn't accurately depict the time remaining when sending a map folder to the device so don't go off that, the device uses USB-1 which is rather slow by todays standards but nothing more than an hour for any map even when using a Start (XL IQ and XL IQ Live are no better as they are also USB-1 for some stupid reason) - Mike

Thanks for the replies.
Indeed is down to about 10 min left by now. So it went a bit faster than expected, pheeeee.
I just hope it will also work afterall, and I don't have to do the entire "procedure" again...

Ask a Question