Is it just me or does the rider2 seem to be the Red Headed stepchild

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Ok I dont claim to be very computer savey. But here is my rant and request for help.
My rider 2 is version 7.54 my Home is 1.5 I see a pop up on my Home screen that says down load the latest version of home.

I seem to see conflicting statement weather the latest ver. is compatable w/ Rider2. When I travel TT website maze from HE** it ask's me to chose my device I dont see a choice for rider2 only a rider wich show's the yellow box.

Question's
1) Is the latest Ver of TTHome compatable w/ Rider2?(File name tomtomhome2winlatest.exe)
2) Is the latest ver what I need to run Map share?
3) Why is it so diffuilct to find a compatabilty chart for product's vs version's?

Sorry for the rant I just truly want to fix some roads around my house that have been in use for over 5 years and dont show up on a 5 month old map:( . If I find this many problems around me what is missing in places I have never been?

I can not answer all of your questions as I'm not computer savy (old fart) but I did run into a street that had a name change do to a new extension and did the map correction and bingo it made the change next time I was on it, so something helped, I don't have the rider just the one xl and so far for my useage it has worked great, haven't really run into no streets listed or address so far and have not upgraded any maps and don't plan on in the near future, so far so good and I do live kinda in the country and also am a rider.
TomTom4-23-08.jpg

Last edited:
Question's
1) Is the latest Ver of TTHome compatable w/ Rider2?(File name tomtomhome2winlatest.exe)
2) Is the latest ver what I need to run Map share?
3) Why is it so diffuilct to find a compatabilty chart for product's vs version's?

The answer to questions 1 and 2 is yes. The latest version of Home is 2.3.1.92.
Don't know about 3.

I have a Rider2, love it. Yes, upgrade to the new HOME, its a major improvement.

Depending on which map you have, you may or maynot be able to use the "operate my Rider2" feature.

With my 675 map it works, with my 715 map, it doesnt.

Cheers!

Working for a software company myself, I'll take a stab at #3.

Companies release software but don't *require* users to update their software to the most current releases.

That said, they cannot (and will not for the most part) continue to test every version of software (in this case TTHome or operating software) to old databases (maps).

When hew versions of software are created we test against the latest databases and don't go back from there. Rather, we require database upgrades to match (which in the TT world would require you to purchase a new map.)

Me, I'm just happy that they update software once in a while and *offer* for me to update my maps. I'm a happy camper as long as TT keeps throwing out some new features for my older product (OK, I've got a Rider2 that's not too old, but we all know it was obsolete the day I bought it - New technology will be there at some point...)

I agree that time's & Product change very fast and at some point you have to cut off the past to move into the future. But like you said the Rider2 is not that old.

OK I have down loaded the latest ver of Home 2.3x but it appers that my map is not compatable with Map Share:( . at least for making corrections I don't know about updates. But it seems strange thre are no new updates unless they start from today and everyting in the past does not count.

So if anyone wants to add the rest of my street so that voice will stop telling me to turn around that would be awsome!!!!

Working for a software company myself, I'll take a stab at #3.

Companies release software but don't *require* users to update their software to the most current releases.

That said, they cannot (and will not for the most part) continue to test every version of software (in this case TTHome or operating software) to old databases (maps).

When hew versions of software are created we test against the latest databases and don't go back from there. Rather, we require database upgrades to match (which in the TT world would require you to purchase a new map.)

Me, I'm just happy that they update software once in a while and *offer* for me to update my maps. I'm a happy camper as long as TT keeps throwing out some new features for my older product (OK, I've got a Rider2 that's not too old, but we all know it was obsolete the day I bought it - New technology will be there at some point...)

OK I have down loaded the latest ver of Home 2.3x but it appers that my map is not compatable with Map Share:( . at least for making corrections I don't know about updates. But it seems strange thre are no new updates unless they start from today and everyting in the past does not count.

If it's a v6.x map then it's past its sell by date and is no longer being updated. Updates are available for one year after the launch of a new version and not for one year after you acquire it. At least I think that's how it is.

If it's a v6.x map then it's past its sell by date and is no longer being updated. Updates are available for one year after the launch of a new version and not for one year after you acquire it. At least I think that's how it is.

Actually, it is still updating the 675 map, and you can "Operate my Rider2" if you have the 675 in your device.

With my 715 map, it updates, etc., but the Operate my Rider2 feature does not yet function.

I have advised TT and they are working on it (so they say....).

Cheers

Actually, it is still updating the 675 map, and you can "Operate my Rider2" if you have the 675 in your device.

With my 715 map, it updates, etc., but the Operate my Rider2 feature does not yet function.

I have advised TT and they are working on it (so they say....).

Cheers
This function works fine for me with 7.15 map.

This function works fine for me with 7.15 map.

Odd eh?

Mine wont, and TT support says it wont, and they didnt know it worked with the 675.

When I first went to "operate my Rider2", it did a quick download of a file needed to use it.

I doesnt do it for my 715, it just states not yet supported.

I will again contact TT support with the additional info that you supplied

Maybe if I turn my TT on its side and dim the lights in the basement.....

;)

Cheers

Last edited:
I contacted the support folks, and they do recognize that there is something "afoul" here.

They suggested that i remove and reinstall my HOME, and then do a soft restart on my device.

Neither was a success in getting my "operate your Rider2" feature to work using the 715 map. It works fine with my 675 map.

I am to phone them and try some other suggestions.

However, the road is calling and I am leaving on a bike trip for about 6 days.

When I return, I will call them and see if they have a fix yet.

Cheers!

I contacted the support folks, and they do recognize that there is something "afoul" here.

They suggested that i remove and reinstall my HOME, and then do a soft restart on my device.

Neither was a success in getting my "operate your Rider2" feature to work using the 715 map. It works fine with my 675 map.

I am to phone them and try some other suggestions.

However, the road is calling and I am leaving on a bike trip for about 6 days.

When I return, I will call them and see if they have a fix yet.

Cheers!

Tuesday 5-20-08 any word yet? hope you had or are having a great Ride. Mamorial Day is coming 3-day weekend yhea-hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Ask a Question