ipod Connection

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920
Has anyone tried the ipod connection through their 920? I am trying to decide if it is better to get the connector for my ipod and go through the 920, or to simply add songs to my 8GB memory card.
If the ipod is connected, can you still connect the 920 to the car charger?

I have a 930 and 730. They have the same connections. The problem I find with the ipod connection is that you can't charge the ipod, the fm transmitter is hit or miss when travelling in the city (DC & Baltimore- no worry if your connecting directly or bluetooth)I can't use my traffic receiver at the same time.

However, it is alot easier than trying to pick which songs I want to put on my TomTom. I never know what I might want to hear. I also like that it stops the music to play the directions. (does this when playing of SD card as well though). I like using the tomtom interface to control the ipod than to pick it up and use the click wheel. (screen is larger)

Hope this helps.

Ask a Question