iPhone:How to copy favourite destinations from a TomTom??

Hi, I'd like to know if is there a system to copy all the favourite destinations from a Tomtom One(for example) to an iPhone...And also between 2 iPhone???
I can't beleive that I've always to save anytime again on all my tomtom all my favourite!!!
I know that is possible to copy a file .cfg, but with iPhone is not possible to browse...So why don't you invent a sort of account online with all preferites, so I can sync them with all my tomtom??
Another thing: Why the "Manage Favourite" is too reductive?? I can only change name?? I can't view coordinates!
Thanks!!!

Unless your iPhone is Jailbroken then there is no easy way to transfer the settings from the PND to the iPhone, neither is it possible to transfer locations from one iPhone to another.

One option to consider that is open to you with a non jailbroke phone is to recreate the Favourites file on the iPhone using the options available to set up each location one at a time (not too easy and rather time consuming) - Mike

But a solution is possible!!!

I think that a very great solution is possible!!! There are many applications like Stanza, 1Password or AirSharing where is possible to add files or do anything with an application for Pc or Mac...
So it left only that TomTom make possible to use Tomtom One with wifi also with iPhone!!!

I figured out how to add POIs, voices etc, without jailbreaking the phone. I'll write up a tutorial with pictures.

Yup thats got me very interested, just hope I can work out how to use the same technique for CoPilot, TomTom and Sygic - I am sure quite a few British readers of another forum who use iPhones will also be very interested in this - Mike

Not sure how long it'll take for Pedro to get his document posted here (btw, Pedro is located in California so as I type this at 7:25 am Eastrn time in NA, it's 4:25 on the west coast) but you could link it back to PGPSW

When its on the forum I will indeed be linking to it as this is going to be really handy for applications that support POI handling with proper spoken warnings etc such as Sygic, for CoPilot it means we can add POI's but no spoken warnings and for TomTom you again can add POI files but they only appear on the map (shame really that they missed out the warning feature on the TT app) - Mike

Hey guys, it is 7am. I have my workout class at 8. When I arrive from home, I will work on the method ;)

Ask a Question