iPhone 3G unpairs from TT go 730

Tom Tom support has not been able to fix my problem (as follows):
1. Pair TT with iPhone (no problems experienced)
2. Connects automatically whenever TT and iPhone are switched on.
3. Problem arises if you use the navigation to go to an address
4. Set destination address
5. Connection between TT and iPhone works fine until TT and/or phone is switched off.
6. Next time TT and iPhone used, connection does not work.
7. Solution is to do the following:
(a) forget (delete) TT device on iPhone
(b) remove iPhone on TT
(c) switch off TT
(d) re-set TT using fine, blunt object
(e) re-pair TT and iPhone in usual way
(f) works fine until you set an address for navigation
Tom Tom support suggested that the TT should not only be re-set (as above) but that the 'flash reset' software tool be downloaded and used. Their instructions to me also included physical deletion of all files on the TT that are in the root directory of the TT (but not the various folders/directories. I did all of this but the problem persists. As it is, the TT is a good hands free phone, a good navigation tool, but NOT both
Any clues?

Probably not what you want to hear but have you considered the purchase of a decent Bluetooth handsfree kit for the car?
I have done this, as I got fed up of messing around with the phone connection the TT does the navigation and can supply music when needed all via Bluetooth to the car system, get a call and it is heard through the car speakers it works very well - The kit I use supports two simultanious connections one for the phone the other for the TomTom - Mike

Thanks for the tips but nothing seems to work. The GO730 still unpairs every time I use the TomTom to guide me to an address. Also, any software updates via the computer will cause the same problem. I believe that the TomTom go 730 is a flawed device and I don't believe that the support at TomTom is adequate. Their solution simply does not work

Ask a Question