Iphone 3G Tomtom 1.5

HI guys

I downloaded the new version 1.5, but its at home now.... heheh.

I noticed that it mentions Iphone 4 only, will this work on 3G?
(I cannot find any information regarding this....)

HI guys

Ooo yes, if someone has some feedback of its operation on 3G?

It certainly works on 3GS. I download Western European version last night.

The Navigate to... Photo feature, which seems to be the only new feature, does not work how I imagined: I'd assumed it would do a search of Google images until it found a match - a pretty daunting and impressive task. What it actually does is navigate to the location stored in the jpg, provided Location Services were turned on when you took the photograph.

I'm sure someone will have a use for this feature, but I can't think how it improves over using Contacts, Favourites, etc.

Hopefully, this release has cleared up the problems of Traffic and GPS lockup in the last version. There is no setting for turning off Background Navigation, which the latest CoPilot has.

I have just tried a few simple Location tests inside my house, with no GPS reception. With wifi turned off on my iPhone (which the Map App can use to get location info) I get a good location fix in both TT and the Map App. With wifi turned on, I continue to get a good fix in Map App, but TT defaults to a radio network triangulation fix - some distance away. Explain that!

HI guys

You need to have IOS 4.1 installed on your 3GS

Ask a Question