Internal server error for download new maps

I was having the same issue. Glad to hear it is fixed now. I will try tonight. It looks like the file size of the new one is SMALLER than the OLD one. That seems kinda weird to me. Anyway, hope its even better this time.

PS How often do they come out with new maps?? I noticed the current one is 710, but the old one was 705. Were there 4 revisions in between or do they go by 5's?? Thanks.

My maps were udated as well. At least it shows my street in the new version. Not sure how old the original version was, since we have been in the same address for over 4 years now.

update loses favorites

Hi ... update finally worked today.
Interesting that i lost my favorites ...
I saw the note above about copying over particular file from backup.
Is there a way thru tom tom home to copy over to the pc just the favorites file and then be able to restore it ... or can this only be done manually using pc file handling techniques.
Seemed strange that a map update should delete/lose ones favorites.

No, it can not be done with HOME. it is very easy to do. Open your map folder from your backup and locate the mapsettings.cfg file. Copy that file and paste it to your new map.
The favorites get lost because these are tied with the map and not the unit because the favorites are located in this file. This file is in the map.

Ask a Question