Internal server error for download new maps

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd
Hi, I just bought the TomTom One 3RD. All the updates went well except one: the new maps. Every time, since yesterday, I've got an "Internal Server Error" at the end of the download.
I think it's perhaps a temporary issue, but I wonder if someone else has it too?

same internal server error with ttone v3

Hi
I get the same error. after downloading for around 15 min .. it appears download finishes with 0:00 min remaining, but sometime before it goes to Install ... it stops on internal server error. I tried only selecting the smaller guam update but with same problem.
Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

I would suspect that with the great number of Black Friday Tomtoms sold, they're probably just experiencing a heavy load on their servers.
I won't add to the problem since I scored my LE on BB's website and now have to wait for that beautiful brown truck to show up next week. :)

I wonder when this will be fixed because I kind of deleted the map that came with the GPS and I forgot to make a backup, and I need a map fast.:(

I've been having the same problem...I actually got the whole thing downloaded, but I still get an error while attempting to install it...I guess the file's getting corrupted along the way. Hope it sorts itself out...

Hi
I get the same error. after downloading for around 15 min .. it appears download finishes with 0:00 min remaining, but sometime before it goes to Install ... it stops on internal server error. I tried only selecting the smaller guam update but with same problem.
Anyone have any idea what the problem is?[/QUOT

Have the same problem...I contacted TomTom tect assistance and the solution they had did not work...

I called TomTom today and they said they are having a server problem and it will not be fixed until they can call corporate on Monday. They told me to try back in a couple of days.

webracin

I called TomTom today and they said they are having a server problem and it will not be fixed until they can call corporate on Monday. They told me to try back in a couple of days.

webracin

Excellent planning on their part not having a bunch of their IT people available to handle the Black Friday rush! Oh well.

I have been having the same problem with mine. I guess we have to wait untill monday or tuesday to update the maps. Hopefully when the new maps are downloaded it will actually show my street. Right now it just shows it as unnamed.
I am also new to GPS and am glad to have found this great forum:) .

same here, already tried to download 6 times but it failed every time! Finally gave up and googled it and found this, very frustrated!

Internal Server error

I am having the same problem. I also deleted my maps, the only thing is......it takes my computer 13 HOURS! to download using DSL (Broadband is not available where I live) It reached 0:00 and then decided there was an internal server error :( I hope it will be fixed soon, if anyone has any success please let us know

Thanks

Kelly

Internal Server Error

I just got a TomTom One LE for my birthday and I have had the same issue. Internal Server Error every time I try to get the new map update. And this usually happens AFTER the 30 minute download. In the directory where these updates are suppose to go, I had FIVE subdirectories from every time I tried the update. I asked TomTom for help yesterday. Will see if I get a reply.

Hi, I just bought the TomTom One 3RD. All the updates went well except one: the new maps. Every time, since yesterday, I've got an "Internal Server Error" at the end of the download.
I think it's perhaps a temporary issue, but I wonder if someone else has it too?

Last edited:
Internal Server Error

I have the same issue with a TomTom GO 3rd edition.

I have analysed the traffic between TomTom HOME and their servers to see what is happening.

Firstly, all maps are downloaded from akamai, which is a hosting company for content. This is because TomTom doesn't want to pay for the big pipes to allow for downloading from many users. Akamai is also used by Microsoft for example.

Then it contacts their web service to download a CAB file that contains an activation code. That happens on the TomTom server in the Netherlands (you can see what this is running by going to http://193.173.148.236/).

This server consistenly throw the following error: (some parts obfuscated)

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error..Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 07:42:00 GMT..Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)..X-Powered-By: PHP/5.1.6..Set-Cookie: TTSES=xxxx11a-xxxxxxxx-00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; expires=Mon, 03 Dec 2007 07:42:01 GMT; path=/..Cache-Control: private, max-age=10800, pre-check=10800..Last-Modified: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 14:47:06 GMT..Content-Length: 0..Connection: close..Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8....

It seems that the support person is right, there is an issue with the service serving out the activation codes.

Note that their servers are in the Netherlands and noone will have a clue about black Friday, let alone Thanksgiving. On the flip side, Monday starts 6-9 hour earlier, so it may be fixed pretty soon.

Cheers,

Whoohoo!

I think the IT staff woke up and rebooted the server... (note people started to work in Holland an hour ago ~ 9am).

Do you have a backup of your original map?
If so just locate the MapSettings.cfg from the your first map and copy it over to the new map.

I just bought TT one 3rd. I thought I could update my maps as long as I have the device. Well, I noticed this is for only 30 days.
Is any way to update maps after that. Is it free or have to pay. If it's not free how expensive it is?
Any answer is appreciated.:)

Ask a Question