TomTom Home Internet Server Internal Error

TomTom Model(s)
Go 930
I've been getting this message every time I try to log in to TTH:

The Internet server had an internal error. It may be a temporary problem. Please try again later.

Well, it's been happening since Friday evening, and it's now Sunday evening. Apparently not very temporary. It also happens on both my Mac (10.4.11) and my PC (XP SP2).

I was able to log in & do a bunch of things with my TT930 before this happened. I have two accounts & both get this error when I try to log in on either machine. I can use TTH in a limited manner with my device without logging in.

Any else having this problem? Is it truly a problem with TT's server or is my gw in need of a change, like port pass through or something else?

TIA

I am having this exact problem... I thought it was a problem with Vista x64. I'm seriously thinking of returning this TT if this is what their service is like.

Same here - happening on Vista Ultimate 32Bit SP1, XP Pro SP2 and XP Media Center w/ SP3. Worked fine on Saturday... been giving me the following message all day Sunday:

Error
An error has occured
The Internet server had an internal error. It may be a temporary problem. Please try again later.

I can log in to TomTom's web site but cannot log in via TomTom Home version 2.3.1.92

I was afraid it was my install. I just bought it today and thought something was whack. I googled for the reported problem hours ago and found nothing. I checked my firewall, uninstalled and reinstalled etc., etc.

I'm so glad I found you guys. HOPEFULLY they'll have this fixed soon. I don't have anything on my system and need this to work by Wednesday night.

:eek:

same here its not on our end so lets not get crazy with our software set up

I wish this were something as simple as a software set up or firewall change. If it were on our end, we could control it. It's not so we're helpless while they resolve their issues.

Going crazy would be good if it could fix it.

I have not seen this problem at all. I have used TTH on Sat and Sunday.

Have you recently updated TTH? I usually see Internet connection problems if TTH gets updated from my regular non-admin user account. When that happens, I log into my admin account...access TTH from that account....and then everything works again on my non-admin account. Not sure it applies in your case, but that has been my experience with TTH updates.

Last edited:
I have not seen this problem at all. I have used TTH on Sat and Sunday.

Have you recently updated TTH? I usually see Internet connection problems if TTH gets updated from my regular non-admin user account. When that happens, I log into my admin account...access TTH from that account....and then everything works again on my non-admin account. Not sure it applies in your case, but that has been my experience with TTH updates.

Yeah I had done all that, Im very good with that type of stuff with the firewall and everything. Thankfully mine just started to work, so hopefully I dont have to bring this back. I find the TT inferface way better than Garmin IMHO

I reported yesterday that I had not seen this....Well, I just connected to home....I got an error...At the bottom of the screen I think it said gsb is null...and now I have the same error message others are reporting.

I'm having the same problem. I purchased a map upgrade and I can't install it because of this problem.

I wish they'd fix this.

Server is just down. Im also getting the problem. It tends to happen every now and then. I know it is frustrating for the new owners. Hang in there.

Server is just down. Im also getting the problem. It tends to happen every now and then. I know it is frustrating for the new owners. Hang in there.

Just a server down? lol. I work in IT. Heads would roll where I work over this significant an outtage.

I'm just sayin'... it's not a minor issue. It's a top tier matter. Catastrophic? No. The site is up. SORT OF. But not being able to deliver basic services has a significant negative impact. Anyone who bought their unit within a 30 day window is considering returning it. Why? They have no assurance the issue will be resolved with any permanence.

It happens now and then?

It's Father's Day in the US. GPS is big on Father's Day. Sheesh.

I'd like to add that I really do like this product and want it to work. It's fun and has the potential to change my life. I want to love it. I didn't join the community to complain; I joined to learn.

I just can't help but add my two cents when it comes to IT and system failures etc.

Welcome to the forum.

You will soon realize (if you haven't already) that there are three sure things in life: 1) Death; 2) Taxes; 3) TomTom's servers will crap out on a regular basis ;)

I found the solution

Alright for the past month i ve been trying to find a solution abt this internet internal server error i found the solution after talkin with 3 tech guys
When you try to purchase a map through tomtom home it redirects you automatically to uk server thats y u get this error solution very simple buy a map through tomtom.com with ur email associated with your device if you have tomtom user id the map will automatically appear in tomtom home once you login :D

Welcome to TTF.

Actually, users in Canada are directed to pay servers in the Netherlands where they get stuck with a (non-refundable) 20% VAT tax.

And this IS with using the proper email addres/pw used to register the unit...

I have been getting this error massage and have been dealing with Tom Tom's lack of support people. I have done everything they asked9back ups, new Home version, yadayada, and still I am not able to upgrade my map. I now have 12 orders for map upgrades sitting on my Tom Tom account, which they assure me will disappear after SIX months. I finally called support, and some woman with a US accent told me that the map upgrade service is unavailable in Canada. Shortly after, internet based support asked me to try setting my country as Canada (duh...I had of course already done that) and try ordering again. I now have thirteen orders at over $60 sitting on my account.
This all started when I was directed to turn left in the middle of a bridge.

What appalling "support". Seems no one knows what they are doing.
Anyone else experience this? If I can't access the map upgrade service, it means quarterly charges of $39.95??? What's with that?

Ask a Question