Internal Server Error

Hi all, apologies if this is the wrong forum listing but here goes anyway.

I have lost all my maps on my Tomtom One and Tomtom help have put one in my online account for downloading but whentever I try to download it nothing happens and I get the familiar response" Internal Server error " try again later - it has now been over a month !

Helpdesk tell me that this message indicates that my memory card is full but my device tells me there is plenty of room available. Prior to this problem, caused by trying to update the system, I did not need a memory card and have had to obtain one.

The server error occures before it attempts to update the memory card, it does not even start to download the map.

All other downloads work fine without problems, does this sound like a memory card malfunction ?

Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Try this.....see if there is a time associated with the error when you get the full error.

If so, look at the system time on your computer. Is it later than the time shown in the error? Try to set your computer's system time to match the time in the error and then see what happens.

When you look at the contents of your card, do you see a specific map folder? (presumably, one that is supposed to be replaced?).

If so, use Explorer to move that folder to your pc and, after making sure it is there, delete it from the unit and try again.

There is no map folder on my tomtom card, as part of the self repair service suggested by helpdesk I have formatted my tomtom which removed everything. There is a map folder on my pc which is empty, presumably because the new map file fails to download.

I'm sorry then but you'll have to continue to work with support at 866-486-6866 to get this resolved.

If support is unable to help, post the full error text and maybe we can figure something out.

Thanks for the offer of help with the Internal ServerError, still not resolved , the text of the reports is :

ERROR: -500/#http://home.tomtom.com/download/act...ductActivation&mapId=40013&muid=Z12047K02122: Error from server: Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
Error code: HTTP 500
URL: http://home.tomtom.com/download/act...oductActivation&mapId=40013&muid=Z12047K02122
Additional information: info = [object]
info.method = [string] GET
info.resumeOffset = [number] 0
info.resumeDownloadEnabled = [boolean] false
info.entityID = [string]
info.file = [string] C:\Documents and Settings\Matthew\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\map\Map_of_Western_Europe\activation_map_40013.cab
info.metaFile = [string] C:\Documents and Settings\Matthew\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\temp\36eb86eeb7355d65775114af703064a9.tmp.meta
info.tempFile = [string] C:\Documents and Settings\Matthew\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\temp\36eb86eeb7355d65775114af703064a9.tmp

Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:97
return new ServerError(responseStatusText, -responseStatusCode, aChannel.URI.spec, undefined, additionalInfo);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:363
exception = NetUtil.isRequestSuccess(this._channel, aStatus, this._getRequestInfo());

Tomtom have given me two explanations for this error over the last couple of months, first it was due to lack of memory in my device and now it is a broadband problem and I should attempt the download from another location....any help would be appreciated.

That's a strange one:

Do you have a home router/firewall that has activex blocking? Try disabling activex blocking, as it helped another member.

Also, try renaming mydocuments\tomtom\home\downloads to mydocuments\tomtom\home\downloadold, and try again

Thanks to everyone who responded, the problem has finally been resolved, the map version that was assigned to my account by tomtom help was the cause of the error message. A new version was made available to me and it downloaded without error.

Ask a Question