Installing navcore 8.010.9369

I would like to update my GO 930 to navcore 8.010.9369 However i'm have troubles figuring out how to do this.

I have download a zipped copy of the system but i'm not sure how to apply it, or install it onto the device.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
:)

You should have been offered a screen where it asks to install the firmware. All you had to do was 'accept'.

But, you should be able to do this: FIRST, make a complete backup of your unit's contents using Explorer, not Home. Make sure hidden files/folders are showing and extensions for known file types.

Now, in Home........Remove items from My Unit. Select the application. It'll warn you about doing so but say 'yes'. Now, Update My unit should see no firmware installed and should show you that a new application is located on your computer (click 'more info' link to ensure it is the correct version.).

Let it install and once it is done, make a new full backup.

That's it.

Sorry, when you say 'Remove items from unit' are you suggesting "applications, maps voices...phone connections settings" all get wiped then it will prompt me to install the new navcore?

When you delete the application, it will probably install 7.48 first. You should follow the instructions that tell you to disconnect it from the computer and let it boot up.

Then put it back in the cradle and go to Update My Device again, and it should offer the 8.01 application the second time.

Sorry, when you say 'Remove items from unit' are you suggesting "applications, maps voices...phone connections settings" all get wiped then it will prompt me to install the new navcore?

just remove the application. GAW's correct in that 7.481 may be offered first. You need to install that one before it'll offer 8.01 to dl and install.

I have removed all the applications however nothing has been offered in return.

You remove the application from your UNIT, not from the computer.

When you click on Update My Go, there should be an application offered. Look carefully. It isn't listed with the other items like gpsquickfix or maps or voices, there should be a little window near the top of the screen, I believe for the application offering.

If it is not offered, then go back into Home and go to Items on My COMPUTER. You should see the application listed there. Select it and install.

Report back ...

just remove the application. GAW's correct in that 7.481 may be offered first. You need to install that one before it'll offer 8.01 to dl and install.
I got mt 930 10 days after it shipped in the US and it came with 8.002.
A week later through HOME an update to 8.010 was made available.

Thanks for all your help:)

I have just realised that the Australian map i have is 720_1838
I think possibly that i need to downgrade my navcore to 7.163 8493 ?? is that correct?
I have located a zipped copy of older navcore, do i have to remove the new navcore first?

Backup your entire unit's contents using Explorer, not Home. Make sure hidden files/folders are showing. Now, remove all the loose files in the unit's root but NOT any folders. Thanks to Darren at pocketgpsworld.com, here is what is meant by loose files:
loose_files.jpg

Now, extract the firmware you have found back to the root.

Ask a Question