I'm having problems performing a backup!

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 335S
I can't backup my new TT910

Hello,

I received my TT910 today and immediately downloaded the update to 6.522. It did ask me if I wanted to backup first, but I said no. Maybe I should have said yes. AFTER installing the update, and turning the unit on and choosing my language, setting prefs, etc., then I decided to do a full backup. I get to 1% before I see the following:

An error occurred while reading this file: "/Volumes/TomTom Disk/libaec.so"

I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I also have a TomTom One and have performed two backups on the same computer. So I get my laptop out, install TomTom HOME, try to do a backup, same error message.

Any ideas? I can't perform a backup of my new TT910 until I can get past this error.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Just to share in case someone else goes through this, I called TomTom support and apparently that particular file was corrupt. I deleted it, they sent me the file from a working TT910 to replace it with, and all is well again.

On another note, I asked what map version they were sending out for $6, since I also have a TT ONE with 660.1215 on it, and she said it was 6.10 to replace 6.60. Interesting stuff. She did say the map I would get on DVD is newer than what's on my ONE.

I know, I was a little puzzled as well. But she made it sound perfectly logical that 6.10 is the natural progression to 6.6! :)

Ask a Question