If I buy new, do I get the latest software / maps?

hey ya'll -- so I'm looking to by ttn6 (can't wait any longer for v7 to come out), and I was wondering if once I register a new retail copy, will I be able to get the latest maps and software? I don't want to end up buying a retail package that is a few years old with really old maps :-\

thanks!

(and any word on what kind of upgrade prices (free??) there will be once (if) ttn7 comes out?)

In my experience, no, you won't get the latest anything. I received the Palm version this past Christmas, and it came with the original release (version 6.00) and maps that were current when the software was released (so about 18 months old at that time.)

I was able to download the current update for the software from Palm's website (TomTom Home did *not* show it), but if I want to upgrade the maps to the latest version that TT6 can handle, I'll have to buy them. As I reported in another thread, TT's customer service told me that the only difference was in the POIs, which seems unlikely to me, and that I shouldn't expect a significantly upgraded map until October.

Frankly, I'm glad I got the TT package as a gift. I'd be really peeved if I had laid out the money myself!

yah, that's what's really keeping me from buying...

I want to have gps (and I want to buy tomtom lol), but I don't want to have to carry two devices with me in order to do so. I have a smartphone (att tilt), so having gps software on there would be great. However, I can spend LESS money buying a tomtom one 3rd edition stand alone device, which DOES allow for the newest maps than buying the smartphone software which I am not sure I will get latest maps (plus it's more expensive) :-\ And with you now saying that you were not allowed to get the latest maps, that just isn't going to work for me

The Tilt/Kaiser/Tytn II comes with the TT Nav 6 software (in one of the CD's that comes with the Smartphone) and you are allowed to download 1 city map for free. If you purchase/register a new map it will be the latest for TT Nav 6.

The Tilt/Kaiser/Tytn II comes with the TT Nav 6 software (in one of the CD's that comes with the Smartphone) and you are allowed to download 1 city map for free. If you purchase/register a new map it will be the latest for TT Nav 6.

not in the US it doesn't :-\

Ask a Question