Buy new tomtom Rider or europe map for rider 2

TomTom Model(s)
rider2
Hi I have a rider two that's done me well over several years It has Uk maps only & now I'm going to Europe in May?

I'm not the sharpest knife in the box & my last map purchase caused me much stress & hassle to load into the Rider 2, will it take europe maps?

So I'm temped to buy a new device for the trip BUT I'm told the new rider wont take POI & the camera data from Pocket GPS world. ??

Also as I use a wired intercom I was hoping my next bike sat nav would have a voice output socket but I dont think the rider does. At present I have to use a Blue tooth receiver. I'm well used to how the rider works & want to stay on that format so I don't want to go Garmin despite press recommendations, any advice welcome - the clock is ticking for me,

Thanks Nigel

Hi I have a rider two that's done me well over several years It has Uk maps only & now I'm going to Europe in May?

I'm not the sharpest knife in the box & my last map purchase caused me much stress & hassle to load into the Rider 2, will it take europe maps?

So I'm temped to buy a new device for the trip BUT I'm told the new rider wont take POI & the camera data from Pocket GPS world. ??

Also as I use a wired intercom I was hoping my next bike sat nav would have a voice output socket but I dont think the rider does. At present I have to use a Blue tooth receiver. I'm well used to how the rider works & want to stay on that format so I don't want to go Garmin despite press recommendations, any advice welcome - the clock is ticking for me,

Thanks Nigel
Hi Nigel, I'm new on this Forum but I hope a small humble tip at this belated hour to yr posted thread may help... I hope.

I use both Garmin & TomTom units simultaneosly in my cockpit for several years until recently and for now, I'm trying to manage with one only with my new car.

I would suggest in yr case to decide an imminent outcome, is to find a shop that sells both competing brands as well as provide Prof. and technical support assistance, like we have here in the Netherlands.

I installed a Sena 05 in my helmet with a self-built-in speaker pads and mic inside my full face helmet to enjoy BT connectivity with my Smartphone & Garmin Nuvi model.

With TomTom.... I don't think it's accomplished this far with BT let alone with wired connectivity... yr best bet is the Garmin I'm afraid... but try seeking advice personally over the counter from such a service I mentioned earlier... all the best and if you happen to drive by my neck of the woods... give a burp...
Let's have a pint for yr stay in my country... the pinta is on me.. cheersch mate.;)

Ask a Question