buying latest NA maps from Canada

TomTom Model(s)
GO730
I got a promo email this morning from TT Save $20 on Original Map Updates in the Canadian Map Shop

I see that my 3 year old 730GO has the 840 maps which are...two updates behind?

Clicking a little further I get a screen that shows this:

Original Map Update

Regular Price: $89.95
Promo Price: $69.95

Will making a purchase via this route get me the latest North_America_2GB maps (850) or do I need to go through TT Home where prices are quoted in Euros or is it pounds :confused:.

That will be in Canadian dollars but, before you proceed read my reply here.
You may want to call them and see if you can get a subscription out of them for less than today's offer.
I would not have updated my 840 for at least a year otherwise.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. So how does one (a Canadian) navigate to the year subscription offer that Arno was able to take advantage of?
Sorry for omitting to put the URL behind the intended link.

When dhn posted the link did you see that I wrote
I [ ... ] was sent a subscription offer on June 14. I believe that was after the 850 came out.
It appears that you may have not received that offer, therefore I then suggested in my post above
You may want to call them and see if you can get a subscription out of them for less than today's offer.
This may not get you anywhere but it may be worth a try.

If I select to buy maps via TomTom Home I get this pop up:

Discounted Upgrade to the latest map EUR 13.90

TomTom Map Update Service, 18 Months (6 new maps) EUR 35.80

Total (items cannot be purchased separately) EUR 49.70

Arno isnt this what you were able to purchase earlier this year?

Last edited:
If I select to buy maps via TomTom Home I get this pop up:
Discounted Upgrade to the latest map EUR 13.90
TomTom Map Update Service, 18 Months (6 new maps) EUR 35.80
Total (items cannot be purchased separately) EUR 49.70

Arno isnt this what you were able to purchase earlier this year?
Yup, that I think is worth it.

In my case both, the above, as well as the new offer at the high price came in by eMail.

If you plan to upgrade anyway by the time the subscription runs out, you may as well go for it now as you will have new maps all along.

Thanks Arno for the heads up. I did purchase the 850 maps and the 18 month subscription all for what I think is very reasonable...just under 50 EURO...about $65 CDN.

Last night I dloaded and installed the 850 maps successfully.

Great, always nice to read success stories.

BTW, you are not the one with the ROUGE 21 license plate of the former limo, are you?

Until several years ago someone in West Rouge (Scarborough since 1973, Pickering before that) was running an Airline Limousine service ( Town cars) out of his house and had Own Choice license plates with the word Rouge and a numeral.

Sometimes, in the Pt Union Rd/401 area, I still see cars now with Rouge and a number and was just curious if yours just might be one of them.

Cheers,
Arno

Until several years ago someone in West Rouge (Scarborough since 1973, Pickering before that) was running an Airline Limousine service ( Town cars) out of his house and had Own Choice license plates with the word Rouge and a numeral.
Arno

Oh. Not me Arno.

Ask a Question