Buy and Update

TomTom Model(s)
via 125
Hi,

Its been a year and my START25 needs an update, just need the link of info to do this?

Im guessing I need to register the product, use the USB cable from PC to device and search for the update link?

Also, I want to buy a Map of Africa, so with my device connected to the pc and pc seeing my device I can browse to the Map store and just begin there ? I wont need anything else other than my Satnav, cable, maplink to download, be registered, and pay for the Map with my Ccard? Ill be using a Cyber Cafe for the update and map purchase.

All other good advice welcome please.

Bernevia

You need MyDriveConnect for that device. Get it at www.tomtom.com/getstarted. Set the country flag to Ireland.

Download, install and open it up. You should see a box saying 'No account yet?' So complete the information.
Connect your device to the computer with the cable that came with the device. You should be asked to add the device to MDC. Say 'yes'.

Personally I think it a BIG mistake to EVER provide CC information in an unsecured site like an internet café!

Hi,

Many thanks, I will consider he CC security, but glad to have a driection to plan on.

Bernevia

What kinds of issues did you have with XP? That's what I use here to update all of my units.

Ask a Question