Buy and Update

Discussion in 'Maps and Routing' started by Bernevia, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Bernevia

Bernevia

TomTom Model(s):
    via 125
    Hi,

Its been a year and my START25 needs an update, just need the link of info to do this?

Im guessing I need to register the product, use the USB cable from PC to device and search for the update link?

Also, I want to buy a Map of Africa, so with my device connected to the pc and pc seeing my device I can browse to the Map store and just begin there ? I wont need anything else other than my Satnav, cable, maplink to download, be registered, and pay for the Map with my Ccard? Ill be using a Cyber Cafe for the update and map purchase.

All other good advice welcome please.

Bernevia

Bernevia, Oct 24, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Bernevia

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    You need MyDriveConnect for that device. Get it at www.tomtom.com/getstarted. Set the country flag to Ireland.

Download, install and open it up. You should see a box saying 'No account yet?' So complete the information.
    Connect your device to the computer with the cable that came with the device. You should be asked to add the device to MDC. Say 'yes'.

Personally I think it a BIG mistake to EVER provide CC information in an unsecured site like an internet café!

dhn, Oct 24, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Bernevia

Bernevia

TomTom Model(s):
    via 125
    Hi,

Many thanks, I will consider he CC security, but glad to have a driection to plan on.

Bernevia

Bernevia, Oct 24, 2016
  4. Bernevia

Bernevia

TomTom Model(s):
    via 125

Update: Had issues using an XP OS , but with a 7 machine all went well, thanks for the advice.
    Bernevia

Bernevia, Oct 26, 2016
  5. Bernevia

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    What kinds of issues did you have with XP? That's what I use here to update all of my units.

canderson, Oct 26, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question